Fifa 2022 World Cup Qatar

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Re: It's Coming Home - 2022 World Cup

Post by Big Boy »

An easy win in the end, 4-0 and least what should have been 3 x 1 on 1 sitters fluffed. Mind you, until the opening goal, I just couldn't see where a breakthrough would come from. Horrible Hungarian parking of the bus, yet when they moved forward for the last 30 minutes, they played some decent football.

Didn't Maguire get hit by a missile as well?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:39 am An easy win in the end, 4-0 and least what should have been 3 x 1 on 1 sitters fluffed.
Yup, Harry definitely didn't have his shooting boots on last night. Pathetic finishing. Very unlike him. Folk always say 'I could have done a better job' but in this instance... I actually could have! I would have buried at least one of them 1 on 1's. :D
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lost wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:54 pm
Big Boy wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:39 am An easy win in the end, 4-0 and least what should have been 3 x 1 on 1 sitters fluffed.
Yup, Harry definitely didn't have his shooting boots on last night. Pathetic finishing. Very unlike him. Folk always say 'I could have done a better job' but in this instance... I actually could have! I would have buried at least one of them 1 on 1's. :D
Yes, so would I have done………..40 years ago!!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Really a must win game for Wales against Belarus just starting. Tricky group with Belgium and Czech Republic currently first and second (both played 2 games more). Good luck Pharvey!

:cheers:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Crikey, 2 goals in about a minute for Belarus. :(

Ridiculous penalty to give away then just switched off straight from the restart. Wales need to get control back of this game!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Yeesss! Gareth Bale with a hat-trick goal at the death. That should do it. Wales doing it the hard way again. :D
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: 2022 World Cup

Post by Dannie Boy »

Not the greatest of games but England managed a 4-0 win against Andorra. No real standout performances although Linguard played quite well and ended up with two goals.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^Oh, I don't know, I thought it was fairly predictable. In the first hour the England B team knocked it around prettily and sauntered to a 1-0 lead, then on 60 minutes Southgate brought on Mount, Kane and Grealish, they upped the pace to a canter and 4-0 was a decent result against a team that was only interested in keeping the score respectable. I think the days of 8 or 9 nil scores against teams like this are largely over.
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Brazil vs Argentina suspended after just minutes into the game. Health officials and police have walked onto the pitch to detain the players that travelled from England due to not quarantining after coming from a red zone. Couple of Spurs lads in there. They'll now be deported apparently.

What a shit show. Surely they knew the squad lineup beforehand. Why wait to make a scene minutes into the game?

Live updates of events...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... ifier-live
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

The moment health officials, after their 5 minutes of fame, stormed the pitch wanting to deport players. I get it. There's a virus. But why wait for the match to start first? Idiots.

arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Lost wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:10 am Brazil vs Argentina suspended after just minutes into the game. Health officials and police have walked onto the pitch to detain the players that travelled from England due to not quarantining after coming from a red zone. Couple of Spurs lads in there. They'll now be deported apparently.

What a shit show. Surely they knew the squad lineup beforehand. Why wait to make a scene minutes into the game?

Live updates of events...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... ifier-live
Maybe the Brazilian health officials are agents of Arsenal. They targeted Villa because of Martinez`s constant whinging about Arsenal and Spurs for historical reasons.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

WOW,kindly not inform" lost" that Scotland have actually won 2 games,1-0 in the last few days.
Totally academic as to who they happen to have been playing,but i am sure he must be ecstatic knowing that there might be another possibility of Scotland playing england in competition,,,,,good luck tonight,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lewandowski looking strong,lol
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

After such a thrilling tennis match we now get to suffer Southgateball.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I wouldn’t say England played well in the first half, but they at least kept it at 0-0. They can (hopefully) only do better in the second half!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:I wouldn’t say England played well in the first half, but they at least kept it at 0-0. They can (hopefully) only do better in the second half!!

Well England did play better in the second half and Captain Reliable got a pretty good goal, but unfortunately Poland spoilt the party and got their (deserved) equaliser in injury time. As much as I was hoping England would win, a draw was probably the fair result.