Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which vaccine(s) have you or will you receive?

______First__________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
15%
Johnson & Johnson
1%
Moderna
1%
Pfizer
18%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
14%
Other
No votes
______Second________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
25%
Moderna
3%
Pfizer
20%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 79

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19) News

Post by HHTel »

I read that. Some 700,000 doses unaccounted for. Since been clarified that they went to Anutin's manor.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by PET »

Highflyer wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:42 pm On registration I recieved confirmation on 17th July from Medpark Hospital Bangkok ( less than 2 hours HH to BKK) confirming vaccine for 12th Aug, (today) arrived in and out 50 minutes job done, I was given a choice Astra Zeneca or Pfizer, I chose Pfizer, second jag in 3 weeks.
For those 'experts' questioning that a 2nd jab Pfizer cannot happen quickly this is another confirmation that DM's wife was probably correct that her second jab is in 3 weeks
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
electricwarrior

Post by electricwarrior »

/\ Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure you will, but wasn't the confusion over the the timescale between the 1st and 2nd doses of Astra Z not Pfizer.
Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

electricwarrior wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:38 pm /\ Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure you will, but wasn't the confusion over the the timescale between the 1st and 2nd doses of Astra Z not Pfizer.
I stand corrected thanks
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I've spoken to Mrs D-M (an honorary title) again to clarify. She was given Sinovac this morning and has an appointment for 7 September when she will have an AZ jab. She's sure about this because she queried the different vaccines. I reassured her she was better off getting AZ as her 2nd shot.
Last edited by dtaai-maai on Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the way
electricwarrior

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:53 pm I've spoken to Mrs D-M (an honorary title) again to clarify. She was given Sinovac this morning and has an appointment for 7 August when she will have an AZ jab. She's sure about this because she queried the different vaccines. I reassured her she was better off getting AZ as her 2nd shot.
So glad the honorary Mrs DM has cracked the time travel conundrum :laugh:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yes, DM. That makes much more sense.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

August Schmaugust... but at least Mr Warrior didn't make me look stupid by highlighting my little slip in red, instead of discreetly messaging me! :banghead: :guns: :laugh: :laugh:
This is the way
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

pitsch wrote:Did anybody get a vaccination date from them?
Nope

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

Today I registered at Medpark Hospital for a Pfizer vaccination, There are some new timeslots for it. I don't like to go to Bangkok, but in Hua Hin I can get only Sinovac.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:53 pm I've spoken to Mrs D-M (an honorary title) again to clarify. She was given Sinovac this morning and has an appointment for 7 September when she will have an AZ jab. She's sure about this because she queried the different vaccines. I reassured her she was better off getting AZ as her 2nd shot.
This is similar to me, first dose was Sinovac to be followed by AZ exactly 3 weeks later.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Is SV/AZ vaccination a cunning (non-evidence-based) ploy to speed up vaccinations in an attempt to open up the country? Only AZ/AZ requires a 2 - 3 month interval between shots.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

hhinner wrote:Is SV/AZ vaccination a cunning (non-evidence-based) ploy to speed up vaccinations in an attempt to open up the country? Only AZ/AZ requires a 2 - 3 month interval between shots.
Could be. What interval does Pfiz/Pfiz need? Thanks

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

electricwarrior

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:28 pm August Schmaugust... but at least Mr Warrior didn't make me look stupid by highlighting my little slip in red, instead of discreetly messaging me! :banghead: :guns: :laugh: :laugh:
One surmised as a fellow pedant you would have understood my need to highlight your slip knowing full well that my future posts will be closely scrutinised for even the slightest infringement. :thumb:
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

The interval for Pfizer should be only 3 weeks and 3 weeks after the second shot there is maximum protection.