TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
pharvey

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:44 pm One that I've been looking forward to for a while came out on Netflix today. Sweet Tooth. Just enjoyed the first episode and will most likely binge this today. :D

:cheers:
Funnily enough, just saw this reviewed on the BBC website - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56668478 looks worth a watch - right up my street I think! :thumb:

How did you get on with "Carnival Row" by the way (if indeed you've watched it)?

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:06 pm
How did you get on with "Carnival Row" by the way (if indeed you've watched it)?

:cheers: :cheers:
Not got round to it yet. Been too busy working my way through the Divergent book series this past couple of weeks. Think it's the most I've ever read in a short time.

Is on my next to watch list after sweet tooth and the new conjuring. Certainly looks like my type of series! And Cara, ohhhh do I have a thing for her. :laugh:

I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Finished season 1 of Sweet Tooth. Not bad, not great. A lot of underlying, topical wokeism in the dialogue to please the kiddies but worth a watch. I'll certainly join along for season 2 when it's out.

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

TIME [BBC 1]

A 3-part prison drama written by Jimmy McGovern and starring Sean Bean and Stephen Graham. It looks to be quite dark, but has excellent reviews. Haven't started watching it yet. All 3 episodes available on iPlayer.
This is the way
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:34 pm TIME [BBC 1]

A 3-part prison drama written by Jimmy McGovern and starring Sean Bean and Stephen Graham. It looks to be quite dark, but has excellent reviews. Haven't started watching it yet. All 3 episodes available on iPlayer.

And download sites :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

dtaai-maai wrote:TIME [BBC 1]

Watched it all last night

I thought it was pretty good

Not as gripping as I thought it might be in truth

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

buksida

Post by buksida »

Lost wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:43 am Finished season 1 of Sweet Tooth. Not bad, not great. A lot of underlying, topical wokeism in the dialogue to please the kiddies but worth a watch. I'll certainly join along for season 2 when it's out.
Started this yesterday, can see it has potential - quite different but the underlying themes are quite obvious (people are assholes, nature rocks). Even my two teens watched it.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before, but a programme I enjoy watching is BBC’s Question Time, hosted by Fiona Bruce. It’s changed it’s format due to Covid but it has a panel of 5 or 6 people mainly from politics, business and the media and they discuss current topics of interest - typically of late, how the Government has managed the pandemic, but many other topics of interest that are in the news. Fiona Bruce does a very good job of managing the panel and guest speakers and doesn’t let anybody get away with trying to dodge difficult questions.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Wathed the first 2 episodes of Clarkson's farm tonight on amazon, very good a lot of entertaining one liners, one example "I bought 78 sheep but I broke 3. It also gives a good insight into farming. Reccommended.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

lindosfan1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:19 am Wathed the first 2 episodes of Clarkson's farm tonight on amazon, very good a lot of entertaining one liners, one example "I bought 78 sheep but I broke 3. It also gives a good insight into farming. Reccommended.
I’m up to episode 5 and really quite enjoying it - I can’t say I’m a huge fan of Jeremy Clarkson and his laddish antics, but in this he’s fairly watchable and the programme covers a number of ethical issues in a humorous but also semi-serious way - recommend!!
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Brilliant! Anything written by Jimmy McGovern will make you curl your toes up, or, in my case, cry. Sean Bean at his best. A powerful drama which, in my opinion, should be shown to all teens at school to deter them from committing crime.
The Street is another series written by McGovern. Worth a watch if you can find it.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Vital Spark wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:25 am

Brilliant! Anything written by Jimmy McGovern will make you curl your toes up, or, in my case, cry. Sean Bean at his best. A powerful drama which, in my opinion, should be shown to all teens at school to deter them from committing crime.
The Street is another series written by McGovern. Worth a watch if you can find it.

VS
I’ve only managed the first episode so far - hadn’t realised how scary prisons could be, especially for the non-hardened criminals such as those portrayed by Sean Bean. I did read an article about the programme on the BBC website and whilst a former inmate described the series as “spot-on”, a former prison guard was more skeptical about prison staff being victims of intimidation and thought this was less prevalent in real life. Not for the faint hearted!!
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

You really need to watch all three, DB. There's one particular extremely moving scene when an offender has a meeting with the parents of the guy he murdered. I can only guess that this particular situation happens more than we would like it to.
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

^^^

Watched all the three of these last night. Really, really good! And very moving.

Topspin
Banned
Banned

Post by Topspin »

lindosfan1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:19 am Wathed the first 2 episodes of Clarkson's farm tonight on amazon, very good a lot of entertaining one liners, one example "I bought 78 sheep but I broke 3. It also gives a good insight into farming. Reccommended.
They should have called it Top Gear On A Tractor :duck:

Too contrived, gave up after 15 minutes.
To all conspiracy theorists...“when you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.” :naughty: