Effects of Covid-19 on Education Worldwide

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
Big Boy

Re: Effects of Covid-19 on Education Worldwide

Post by Big Boy »

As far as I know, there has been no recent update from the PKK Governor for some time (I do look quite regularly, and would post if I thought it was relevant). Regarding schools, I've heard a few this afternoon saying their kid's (+ 1 teacher) return has been postponed.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
thepalmbistro
Professional
Professional

Post by thepalmbistro »

There’s been nothing from our school since being told the 14th. We have seen many schools postpone there face to face opening with online learning being the main way to educate till the end of the month. Our school (my kids) never release any statements till they get it from the governor, and we are still waiting. I would hope at least to hear tomorrow the bad news being as it is the Friday before face to face should start..
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I don't believe the governor mandated schools to open on the 14th. If I remember correctly, he allowed the schools to make up their own mind dependent on their Covid preparation. It appears again that schools are making their own decision.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Our school (in Thap Sakae) has postponed opening until July.

But no worries, you can go to a spa or get your nails done - Thailand knows its priorities and education isn't one.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thepalmbistro
Professional
Professional

Post by thepalmbistro »

We have just been informed that we will be returning to campus on Monday, the school meets with all criteria to open.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

It appears to be upto schools whether to open or remain online. Nothing official from the governor. Which is surprising and a lack of taking responsibility.

The close proximity to the pineapple and chicken factories in hua hin and the high no of cases in Phetchaburi seem to have led some schools to have delayed for a couple of weeks.

Is HHIS opening ? Some pupils come from Phetchaburi town area so how does the red zone (if that is still in effect) affect that ?
thepalmbistro
Professional
Professional

Post by thepalmbistro »

HHIS is opening, we are required to fill out a form regarding travel in the last few weeks, but I'm guessing many have stayed close to home, especially as we have been online schooling. They have super strict guidelines that they follow, temperature checks on arrival, parents drop off and pick up by cars, no parents allowed on campus etc. Parents should temperature check before going to school etc. I feel very confident about them reopening and not only so i can go back to work :D
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Thailand’s Education Ministry has announced that the first semester of the 2021 academic year will go ahead on June 14 and will not be postponed again.
Education Minister Trinuch Thienthong said the ministry has tasked all schools with preparing for the reopening and adjusting their teaching methods based on on-site, on-demand, online, on-hand or on-air, to suit the situation in their respective areas.

She said schools which choose the on-site approach must prioritize the protection of students from COVID-19 and must provide necessary facilities, such as hand-washing stations and spaced seating in classrooms to maintain social distancing.

Meanwhile, the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said no on-site learning is permitted yet at schools in Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani and Samut Prakan. Schools in these provinces are free to adopt online learning or resort to on-air education, where classes are broadcast on TV via dedicated channels, with assignments and homework delivered to students' homes.

#EducationMinistry #schoolreopening #onsite #online #school #ข่าวด่วน #กระทรวงศึกษาธิการ #เปิดเทอม #ออนไลน์
FB link for reference: https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Coronavirus Precautions/News/Updates for Hua Hin/Prachuap

Post by HHTel »

Quite surprised about this decision.

Because of the high prevalence of Covid in Hua Hin, the schools have decided to extend their closure for yet another month. Back to school August 1st depending upon the situation.

I have 3 of different ages and from different schools in my house. Consequently on-line learning is different for each of them. What a mess.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Ours went back today - the closure is only for Hua Hin, not the whole province, which is fairplay since 90% of the Covid in Prachuap is in and from HH.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

And almost all from pineapples or chickens! Factories, that is.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yep, f'all to do with schools - you have my sympathy, they've been off for way too long, though education has never been a priority for Thailand.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

buksida wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:16 am Yep, f'all to do with schools - you have my sympathy, they've been off for way too long, though education has never been a priority for Thailand.
How you gonna keep em down on the farm & in the slums, after they've had an education?

I watched an NHK documentary on Klong Tooey. One interviewee was a woman in her 20's who graduated from the University. She said, even as a child, she knew the only way out of poverty was to get and education. When the other Uni students found out where she lived, they shunned her and called her "dirty and stupid." She said there were only 4, including her, from her district at the Uni. She majored in English and at the time of the interview had received her first job as a translator and was being sent to Malaysia. One of her goals is to help the people in her district raise themselves out of poverty. There is hope, slim but still hope full.
thepalmbistro
Professional
Professional

Post by thepalmbistro »

It looks like there is a huge amount of teachers being vaccinated, this is according to the Prachub ministry website today, hopefully they will all get them so schools can open face to face soon as August is too far away for the kids.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

thepalmbistro wrote:It looks like there is a huge amount of teachers being vaccinated, this is according to the Prachub ministry website today, hopefully they will all get them so schools can open face to face soon as August is too far away for the kids.
Teachers and other government officials getting vaccinated at HHH today.