The Inquisition (Reborn)

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

The Inquisition (Reborn)

Post by PeteC »

What a load of rubbish, all of it regardless of what the sport is. :banghead:

ECB looks into historical 'offensive' social media post from second England player

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/57393217

The England and Wales Cricket Board is investigating reports a second England player posted historical "offensive material", a day after bowler Ollie Robinson was suspended for past racist and sexist tweets.

Wisden said it uncovered a tweet containing a racist term but had "obscured" the identity of the player, who was under 16 when it was posted.

In a statement, the ECB said the social media post had been "brought to our attention" and the governing body would make further comment "in due course".

On Sunday, the ECB suspended 27-year-old Robinson from international cricket pending an investigation into tweets posted in 2012 and 2013.

He was dropped from the squad for the second Test against New Zealand, which begins on Thursday at Edgbaston, and left the England camp to return to his county, Sussex.

On Monday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson backed comments made by the Culture Secretary that the ECB went "over the top" in suspending Robinson for decade-old posts.

Former England captain Michael Vaughan disagreed, saying the ECB "dealt with it correctly".

"They had to act," Vaughan said on the Tuffers and Vaughan podcast.

"I know there was pressure from powers within that they were potentially going to ask him to leave the game after day one and not participate in the remaining four days - I thought that would have been a little over the top."

Vaughan added it was "a serious issue" that Robinson - who was making his Test debut at Lord's when the tweets were revealed - would have to learn from.

"Do we have sympathy for Ollie Robinson? I don't think we can have because he was an 18-year-old kid," Vaughan said.

"Of course we all do things when we were younger - and I'm sure Phil [Tufnell] and myself will look back and think we are not that pleased with a lot things we did back in the day - and you have got to have time to come back a better person.

"We are led to believe Ollie Robinson is a better man now than he was nine years ago, but if the ECB had done nothing and allowed Robinson to play at Edgbaston on Thursday there would have been another group of people coming at the ECB for not doing anything."

Vaughan said he "hopes" to see Robinson made available again to play Test cricket in the India series in August.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Re: The Inquisition (Reborn)

Post by PeteC »

There must be an army of little ferrets spending weeks reviewing ten's of thousand social media posts. Perhaps they only get paid when they find something?! :banghead:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

The ECB in action :laugh:

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Words can be used against anyone. What's also important is deeds.

He obviously had problems as a young guy, but how has he lived his life since?

I think that counts for a lot more than some irresponsible language used years ago.
Talk is cheap
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

It just proves that there is no redemption and people cannot change. I wonder how many of the investigators claim to be Christians?