Monsoon Valley entrance charge

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Monsoon Valley entrance charge

Post by caller »

handdrummer wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:48 pm
buksida wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:20 am I don't think racism comes into this at all. Its just the typical Thai business practice of hiking prices when there are fewer customers, it happens across many services here.
As usual, opposite of the rest of the world, who, when there are fewer customers, lower the prices, in order to attract more customers.
I'm confused now. I wasn't aware the prices had been hiked? Just a fee that is refundable against the cost of your meal.

I go there from time and always enjoy the experience, the scenic drive, the views, the ambiance, the service, the food, even the one glass of wine I permit myself. It's an occasional treat and in view of it's location and distance from anywhere, I don't begrudge the prices at all.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Personally, I have no problem paying for food at Monsoon Valley - the food is always good. My problem is having to pay for food I don't always have the capacity to eat. I hate throwing food away.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

If I was going there to eat and the Baht 200 came off the bill then I wouldn’t mind, but if they also hiked their food and drink prices I’d vote with my feet.
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Khundon1975 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:56 am If I was going there to eat and the Baht 200 came off the bill then I wouldn’t mind, but if they also hiked their food and drink prices I’d vote with my feet.
Glad to see that you are still around to be able to eat! You have not posted in a long time. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Yup, still around but due to this Covid crap we’re all tied to the UK at the moment.
May get back for a visit in late 2021 or early 2022, God willing and the river don’t rise. 🤗
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.