Internet Browsers 2021

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Internet Browsers 2021

Post by dtaai-maai »

Big Boy wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:55 pm
dtaai-maai wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:40 pm
Big Boy wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:34 pm I have an ad blocker, but UK TV won't play if I have it switched on.
Erm, can't you switch it off...?
Erm, I think that might be why I'm getting the ads.
PeteC wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:45 pm You don't need to switch things totally off, just "disable" it for a particular web address. It remembers the address and switches off automatically when you go to it.
Which is, of course, what I meant. I mostly use Firefox, with both the VPN and adblocker add-ons. It's such a quick and simple process I don't even think about it any more.
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I did check it out, but because I have my browsers synced, with 3 computers doing distinctly different things it doesn't really work for me when 2 or 3 machines are in use at the same time. It isn't the ad block, its the way I use my machines. It is better to live with the problem, adjusting manually when it suits, rather than try to manage the problem within the ad blocker.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:11 pm .....I mostly use Firefox, with both the VPN and adblocker add-ons. It's such a quick and simple process I don't even think about it any more.
I was confused by that and now find that their built in VPN is not yet offered in Thailand.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/vpn/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

As an FYI, I've never synced devices with a browser in my life until this morning when I did four. Seamless with Firefox using their QR code. A 30 second exercise each machine.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source