Blaring PAs on election campaign pick ups

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Blaring PAs on election campaign pick ups

Post by wenshidi »

Is it just me or is this phenomenon much worse than in previous years?

Not only do there seem to be more trucks, but they are much more frequent, starting at 7.30 in the morning and returning multiple times during the day.

How much longer can it go on for?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Blaring PAs on election campaign pick ups

Post by HHTel »

Election day is 28th March, so a while yet.

Personally, I've not noticed any increase in campaign trucks. I've come across the odd one when out and about but nothing much. Maybe I've just been lucky so far and I'll regret this comment as we get further into it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'd say there are a lot, but I don't think any more than other years. I actually expect them to increase as the day gets closer.

I stop for a coffee at Khao Tao most mornings, and usually in the time it takes to drink a coffee, 9 trucks will have driven past - 3 from each candidate. TIT.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Follow the one that's throwing 100 Baht notes off the back. :run:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

HHTel wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:48 am Election day is 28th March, so a while yet.
Oh no, it is already getting unbearable......
HHTel wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:48 am Personally, I've not noticed any increase in campaign trucks. I've come across the odd one when out and about but nothing much. Maybe I've just been lucky so far and I'll regret this comment as we get further into it.
I think it depends on your location.

Pala U Road has dozens of drive bys every day at the moment.
Maybe they are focussing on residential areas rather than relatively empty tourist areas....?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

wenshidi wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:16 pm Maybe they are focussing on residential areas rather than relatively empty tourist areas....?
No, I regularly see the mobile chicanes crawling along the dual carriageway between Hua Hin and Khao Tao. I often wonder what their target demographic is.

Points 48; Position 20
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

I will be interesting to see the results if they are posted publicly, as compared with previous elections, they will give a good idea of how many Thai citizens are actually left in HH these days.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Only those eligible to vote. I think it depends where their blue book is registered. If like the last election, people on a Hua Hin blue book, but living elsewhere, they get to vote at specified points about a week before the election e.g. my daughter and daughter-in-law had to go to Pranburi to vote in the Roi Et and Buriram elections last time.

Points 48; Position 20