Pak Nam Pran Wrecked

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Big Boy

Pak Nam Pran Wrecked

Post by Big Boy »

Ever since we moved here in 2012 we've been watching them re-building Pak Nam Pran after some sort of storm. I was amazed when I came across this photo in a Thai newspaper today, showing all of the good work, wrecked. I love to drive along that stretch of coast, and now it's ruined again.
wrecked.jpg
wrecked.jpg (158.08 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
Incredible the actual damage done up and down our coast for what seemed little more than a strong breeze. I doubt I live more than a mile from the sea, and didn't really notice.

https://www.talknewsonline.com/316057/? ... m9CGsxx-Xk
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Re: Pak Nam Pran Wrecked

Post by buksida »

Its the ocean doing its thing, every few years the high tides and current sucks all the sand back out to sea and deposits it elsewhere. They don't seem to plan for such things here.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
brianks
Guru
Guru

Re: Pak Nam Pran Wrecked

Post by brianks »

Building a good seawall is quite a daunting project. At least 2 + meters below the top of the sand, Extremely thick with a curve and a rough surface to break up the shock of the waves hitting it. Costly projects and haven't seen but few walls meet that criteria. All the others fail and break apart this time of the year when the tide is high and storms stir up the sea.