Coronavirus Precautions/News/Updates for Hua Hin/Prachuap

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
buksida

Re: Coronavirus Precautions/Updates - Hua Hin

Post by buksida »

A tracking app just for foreigners and 'vulnerable people'. Are they expecting an influx of tourists in Hua Hin or is this to target the expat community. :shock:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Expats of course - this is now :shock:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Very easy to avoid state tracking apps - get yourself one of these:

nokia.jpg
nokia.jpg (63.91 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Another advantage of not having a 'smart" phone. No phone, no app, no tracking.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:Can one of the clever (Thai reading) people tell me what this is about please?

https://www.banmuang.co.th/news/region/ ... X73lWmpdRY

I've read the translation, and overall, it gives me a warm feeling, but I see phrases such as:
For measures to control foreigners, aliens and those at risk in the Hua Hin city area
for Hua Hin City, it will create a QR Code “Hua Hin Won” to allow officials to survey vulnerable people in various areas in the Hua Hin Municipality
As I said, overall, I get a good feeling, but am I about to put into a Big Brother monitoring system?
Hua Hin Chana (cf Thai Chana). I had a look on the huahin.go.th website. There's something on there about a QR code, but didn't notice any mention of "Hua Hin Chana". The QR code is aimed at visitors to Hua Hin. It directs to a form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... Q/viewform) for visitors to complete.

Not exactly a tracking app.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

This is the full part of the translation that is confusing me:
For measures to control foreigners, aliens and those at risk in the Hua Hin city area Currently, a QR code has been created for Hua Hin. In which the country overview has a QR code scanned “Thai won” but for Hua Hin City, it will create a QR Code “Hua Hin Won” to allow officials to survey vulnerable people in various areas in the Hua Hin Municipality. Then gather the number of at-risk people into the application system and there will be a meeting of heads of government agencies and related parties to formulate a strategy for COVID-19 prevention.
Bearing in mind buksida's comment, "Are they expecting an influx of tourists in Hua Hin," I really think we can rule out Foreign and Alien tourists for a few months, at least. The Lord Mayor will be gone long before the tourists return. Combine that with grouping them with vulnerable people (I'd certainly lump my wife into that category, and I would guess I am covered in all 3 categories). I don't feel they are really talking about tourists. The fact they have a plan for us gives me a warm feeling. It is the enhancement of Thai won (Thai Chana?) to create Hua Hin Won (Hua Hin Chana?) that I see as the elephant in the room. We can already see people advising how not to be tracked.

I've said before, if they have nothing else better to do, they are welcome to track/monitor my every move. Google is doing that anyway- here my brief movements for last month, and if they want to, they can drill down to exact places/times visited.
Where.png
Where.png (77.89 KiB) Viewed 1618 times
So, I'm not too bothered. It's quite an upbeat feeling that they find my life so interesting. It's just a bit of a shock that Hua Hin have taken it upon themselves to provide such a Rolls Royce service for us foreigners.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It's my bet that the Central Gov. will squash things like the above very quickly. They don't want every city and town implementing their own system above and beyond what the country may do as a whole.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Thailand is one big Keystone Cops, Abbot & Costello, Monty Python movie rolled into one. At the very least it's a big joke.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Just heard that a lady at the Fish market in Rayong has Covid and now too 8 family members. the lady also said she had been to 'underground' gambling and that added another 26 or so.
Petchaburi another 17 today.
It is getting closer Hua Hin!!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Just my opinion based on what I've read. The hua hin tessaban website (huahin.go.th) describes a QR code which is a link to a form on Google docs. According to the website it appeared aimed at visitors. But it could just as easily be used for residents of Hua Hin. Obviously as a public health responsibility the tessaban should catalog its residents who can be classed as at risk. Also the tessaban wants to know about people travelling from areas with high coronavirus infection rates.

The 3 groups BB highlighted above refer to foreigners in general and at risk people. The term "aliens" is a translation of another Thai word for foreigner, but which is commonly used nowadays to refer to Lao, Cambodian and Myanmar people, especially migrant workers. So, BB, I'm afraid you only qualify in 2 groups.

Also BB's news cutting doesn't actually say anything about enhancements to Thai Chana, only a new QR code. The tessaban may well come out with posters featuring the new QR code and calling it Hua Hin Chana, but that doesn't make it any more than a download link. There will probably also be paper copies of the form available for those that can't/won't do it online. Maybe even paper copies in English and Burmese.

/Opinion
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

PET wrote:Just heard that a lady at the Fish market in Rayong has Covid and now too 8 family members. the lady also said she had been to 'underground' gambling and that added another 26 or so.
Gosh! Will the checkpoint near hua hin airport have to put their phones down and stand up and do some monitoring? Of course helpful travellers will u-turn before the checkpoint and use soi 2 and the khlong road.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Thailand finds new coronavirus clusters in south and east

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-fin ... 38919.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

hhinner wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:53 pm
PET wrote:Just heard that a lady at the Fish market in Rayong has Covid and now too 8 family members. the lady also said she had been to 'underground' gambling and that added another 26 or so.
Gosh! Will the checkpoint near hua hin airport have to put their phones down and stand up and do some monitoring? Of course helpful travellers will u-turn before the checkpoint and use soi 2 and the khlong road.
On Sat.,My daughters drove from Bangkok to here and back, saw checkpoints and were never stopped. Just over a 2 hr. drive, very little traffic.

They think that the police were only stopping vans and vehicles with more than 3 or 4 people in them.

Who knows? TIT.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

buksida wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:30 am Very easy to avoid state tracking apps - get yourself one of these:

nokia.jpg
What if as me you have actually only a phone as above :oops: . Not that brand but S...ung and I don't need or want anything else, I want a phone only for calling when needed and so other people can if necessary contact me, not a computer in my pocket. Peace and privacy comes first to my last breath. Besides the computer stand secure and safe home and I get done everything I need to to do with that...Yes I know old fashion and all that but that's me. :)
hahuahin
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Hahuahin wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:40 am
buksida wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:30 am Very easy to avoid state tracking apps - get yourself one of these:

nokia.jpg
What if as me you have actually only a phone as above :oops: . Not that brand but S...ung and I don't need or want anything else, I want a phone only for calling when needed and so other people can if necessary contact me, not a computer in my pocket. Peace and privacy comes first to my last breath. Besides the computer stand secure and safe home and I get done everything I need to to do with that...Yes I know old fashion and all that but that's me. :)
hahuahin
I agree best advice I have seen today.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.