Krungthai Next has stopped working

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Krungthai Next has stopped working

Post by NOKYAI »

My internet banking with Krungthai next has stopped working!
It says it needs an update, but the App Store doesn't have one. This is on an iPad, my wives android phone app seems ok. Can anyone help before I have to go out in the rain and drive to Market Village to sit around for hours to sort this out?
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
PeteC

Re: Krungthai Next has stopped working

Post by PeteC »

I found the below with a search. Don't know if an update is in there or only the original apps.

https://apps.apple.com/th/app/krungthai ... d436753378
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

It comes up as app not currently available in your country or region!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes unfortunately. I don't see it either in the App Store on my IPhone or IPad. No explanation I can find on-line anywhere.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Well 3 hours at the bank plus time with the i care people and the only solution is to buy an android device to do my banking!
My UK App Store needed to be deleted and changed to the Thai App Store. This could not be done because of some of the payment options associated with it. Also all my UK apps including UK banking would then not update and I’d eventually get locked out of them. Which is an even bigger problem!
So is it’s a case of a Thai government bank, not really wanting felang customers?
buksida

Post by buksida »

NOKYAI wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:27 am So is it’s a case of a Thai government bank, not really wanting felang customers?
Nah, its a case of Apple dictating what you can and can't do with your own device. :duck:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Just tried to load the Next app on an android phone....filled in all the details inc AC number and passport number as a foreigner. Then got to the last stage and they want my Thai ID card number ...doh!
Another trip to to the bank then! What sort of idiots have they got writing these apps? It doesn't fill you with confidence that they are taking care of your money very well.