Swimming Pool Pump Filter run times

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Gabe H Coud

Swimming Pool Pump Filter run times

Post by Gabe H Coud »

What is the minimum TOTAL daily pump/filter run times (nb based on a cycle in the morning and another in the evening) that you can get away with for a saltwater pool of 8m x 4m?

Some say 3 +3 hours, some say 1 +1 hours, opinions vary.

There is a cost element but I'm very curious as to what the sweetspot is. Its not about money(electric) it's about knowing the 'right' answer, thanks
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Swimming Pool Pump Filter run times

Post by Dannie Boy »

Gabe H Coud wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:51 am What is the minimum TOTAL daily pump/filter run times (nb based on a cycle in the morning and another in the evening) that you can get away with for a saltwater pool of 8m x 4m?

There is a cost element but I'm very curious as to what the sweetspot is. Its not about money(electric) it's about knowing the 'right' answer, thanks
I’m sure that factors such as pump and pool size might have a small impact, but the general running time that is normally recommended is 2 x 3 hours - you might be ok with a bit less but definitely not 1 + 1.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Swimming Pool Pump Filter run times

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Gabe H Coud wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:51 am What is the minimum TOTAL daily pump/filter run times (nb based on a cycle in the morning and another in the evening) that you can get away with for a saltwater pool of 8m x 4m?

I’m sure that factors such as pump and pool size might have a small impact, but the general running time that is normally recommended is 2 x 3 hours - you might be ok with a bit less but definitely not 1 + 1.
Thanks Dannie

I have heard that, but I've also heard less.

Obviously it would be sensible to try less and bump it up if the water looks cloudy/green etc but I'm meeting with some resistance from the owners pool man.

Would like to hear if anyone gets away with less time than that.

And if they don't then so be it, the question has been answered!

Thanks in advance to any other pool users

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk