Scratch repair for car

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Scratch repair for car

Post by ahandpatsy »

Can anybody recommend a good scratch repair shop or mobile service.

Woke up this morning to see bonnet and roof covered in dog prints and really bad scratches.

Thanks in advance
Big Boy

Re: Scratch repair for car

Post by Big Boy »

This yellow place opposite Hua Hin School called something like Taweesak has been good for me several times.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.5746673 ... 312!8i6656
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Unless they're really deep scratches, a good rubbing compound (Scratch Remover) works very well.
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

Big Boy wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:20 pm This yellow place opposite Hua Hin School called something like Taweesak has been good for me several times.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.5746673 ... 312!8i6656
Thanks bb. Can you give me a rough idea what you had done and cost
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

Hh tel they are realky bad went to car cleaner on soi 6 thus morning. Not great results im afraid
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Cost has never been extortionate - never more than 4,000฿, and that was exceptional.

I've had several small jobs done, usually after some idiot drove into me. My car has always come off best with just a few scratches and the odd dent. They've always returned it like brand new.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

ahandpatsy wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:03 pm Hh tel they are realky bad went to car cleaner on soi 6 thus morning. Not great results im afraid
I think one of us is confused. I was talking about proprietary compounds you can buy from any motor accessory shop/dept. I've always used them over the years and they do work very well.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

HHTel wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:49 pm
ahandpatsy wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:03 pm Hh tel they are realky bad went to car cleaner on soi 6 thus morning. Not great results im afraid
I think one of us is confused. I was talking about proprietary compounds you can buy from any motor accessory shop/dept. I've always used them over the years and they do work very well.
You are referring to cutting compounds, which can restore a damaged clear coat, but if the scratch is deeper it is not going to fix it.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

HHTel wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:49 pm
Fair enough, but the guy had some compounds at his disposal. I'm no expert and I fear (and so does the missus) that her shiny new car may get even worse if she lets me near it. Better for everybody if a third party can be blamed for any issues. :) :) :)
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Coincidentally, I've literally, today, used a compound on my car. Someone (not me) reversed into a metal post which caused scratches on my rear wing. I wouldn't mind but she has her own car. (mine's newer). Took a few minutes rubbing but there's no sign of the couple of scratches now. Most of the scratch removers also contain a polish so you still finish with a shine and no scratches.