Run Clubs in Hua Hin

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Opticks
Novice
Novice

Run Clubs in Hua Hin

Post by Opticks »

Any run clubs in HH? I'm there for a month in Aril and would love insights on routes etc. Last time I was there all the stray dogs scared the #### out of me. :-)
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Run Clubs

Post by sateeb »

Probably not the best time to be asking about run clubs in the current climate.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Opticks wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:30 pm Any run clubs in HH? I'm there for a month in Aril and would love insights on routes etc. Last time I was there all the stray dogs scared the #### out of me. :-)
The Wado Karate Federation does a bit of running with the club. I'm not aware of any other groups... although there are a few runners in Hua Hin. I usually run on Takiab beach South to Khao Tao and then back down the cycling track. Variations of this can build up to a half marathon.
What pace are you running?
:cheers:
GN.
Opticks
Novice
Novice

Re: Run Clubs in Hua Hin

Post by Opticks »

5:15 to 5:45 K depending on distance. That looks like a good route. Thank you very much. Arriving Wednesday from BKK. Will self isolate for 14 days. But try to run outdoors keeping my distance from people. Thanls again.
Opticks
Novice
Novice

Post by Opticks »

Ginjaninja wrote:
Opticks wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:30 pm Any run clubs in HH? I'm there for a month in Aril and would love insights on routes etc. Last time I was there all the stray dogs scared the #### out of me. :-)
The Wado Karate Federation does a bit of running with the club. I'm not aware of any other groups... although there are a few runners in Hua Hin. I usually run on Takiab beach South to Khao Tao and then back down the cycling track. Variations of this can build up to a half marathon.
What pace are you running?
:cheers:
GN.
Not sure if you have the route tracked on Garmin or Strava but if you could PM it to me would be great. I tried to map it out but got a bit confused. If not, no worries, I will figure it out. One more thing. From what I see that's about an 18 K route, correct?
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

This is the last time I did a half marathon starting from Khao Takiab beach. Slow pace... :(

https://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/3326713789
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Hopefully holiday running clubs will survive. Fingers crossed. Especially since u coming on Wednesday.

Ears peeled.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Interesting under the circumstances but are the beaches still open to public for walking/running etc.?
hahuahin