Water filter

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Water filter

Post by migrant »

We want to put a water filter in the house so that the water is drinkable. Any advice on types, whole house vs a filter dedicated to one sink, is welcome!! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Re: Water filter

Post by brianks »

If all you want is drinkable water then a filter dedicated to the kitchen sink would be the best move. There are many types of these filters and varying costs. Most have sediment and charcoal filter but more advanced ones can treat and kill almost anything in the water with reverse osmosis or UV treatment. All depends on how much you want to pay.

I live in the south of Thailand (on mainland across from Koh Samui) where we have abundant water and still have a water softener for the house and a separate drinking water filter on the kitchen sink even though water analysis shows that my well water is drinkable. Softener gets rid of the minerals and Drinking water filter is for peace of mind.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

I bought one of those 'Toray' (I think that's the brand name) standalone filters from Homepro. The one that sits beside your kitchen tap and plugs into the end of the tap. Works great but cost about 8,000thb for a new filter and we go through about two a year (well would in theory if I had more time off).
Next time I would go for one of those multiple filter types that go under the sink.
GN.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I've been using a Stiebel-Eltron counter top for almost 6 yrs. I change the filter twice a year, it costs about 4000 bht. I live in Smorprong & the water is filthy but the filter does the job. At least I haven't died or become ill, yet.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I know one person with the below Amway model but it's terribly expensive. He swears by it though. Price in the US is $1,250 so only about 5,000 Baht more expensive here. There's a 'below sink' model that runs about $1,450 in the US but don't know if available here. There's YouTube videos about this system if you Google "Amway water".

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/espri ... GoQAvD_BwE
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Another note....for 37,000 Baht you can get 925 x 12-15L jugs of premium water at 40 Baht per jug, delivered.

So how long for a family to go through that many jugs. At 2 per week it's about 9 years. :shock:

Makes you think if it's all worth it to buy a quality filter for that much money, and the fact it won't last for that long itself.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

If you are keen to go ahead with a filter system there is a company on Soi 112. If you are westbound you will find him on the left hand side aprox 300 meters before the traffic lights. He actually manufactures most of the water machines around that you see around Hua Hin.(Green ones labelled Hua Hin Water) He has a full range of filtration/purification options from under sink to to full house depending on what you require. As for consumables (replacement cartridges etc) he carries a good range of stock. Price wise for systems and consumables it is well worth comparison The company name is Hua Hin Water. You will have to look carefully as it has little signage. Speaks a little english.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Bluesky wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:42 am If you are keen to go ahead with a filter system there is a company on Soi 112. If you are westbound you will find him on the left hand side aprox 300 meters before the traffic lights. He actually manufactures most of the water machines around that you see around Hua Hin.(Green ones labelled Hua Hin Water) He has a full range of filtration/purification options from under sink to to full house depending on what you require. As for consumables (replacement cartridges etc) he carries a good range of stock. Price wise for systems and consumables it is well worth comparison The company name is Hua Hin Water. You will have to look carefully as it has little signage. Speaks a little english.
Thanks Bluesky, I think we have it sorted, but if not will contact. Thanks!! :cheers: :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.