Cha Am Immigration and Makro Questions

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
Ms Tigger
Rookie
Rookie

Cha Am Immigration and Makro Questions

Post by Ms Tigger »

Quite possibly moving to Cha Am in the next few months. I know immigration for Cha Am is a few km's up the road in Tha Yang, but I was wondering how friendly the IO's are there and if, for example, they rigorously enforce things like the reporting of return to address if you've been away from home for a few days? Some immigrations seem to be all over it and some don't bother!
Also do you need a card for the Makro to shop there, or are they not fussed? I've shopped in the bigger one in Hua Hin before and remember they were quite keen on the card being shown.
It's all good :cheers:
stretch
Professional
Professional

Re: Cha Am Immigration and Makro Questions

Post by stretch »

Why not just get a macro card
Ms Tigger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ms Tigger »

stretch wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:09 am Why not just get a macro card
Fair point.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I use the Tha Yang IO and find them pretty good. Although things may have moved on recently, I went to the UK last summer and when asking them if I need to report after returning was told no need. As above, we shop at Makro and it’s not a problem getting a card and the same card can be used at Cha Am or Hua Hin.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

I did my 24 hour reporting on the 16th Jan after landing back in the county on 30th December. Nothing was said about being 2 weeks over.

It’s getting busier in the Tha Yang office now but the staff seem fine...as fine as IO’s can be anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ms Tigger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ms Tigger »

Thanks folks 😊
Phyton
Professional
Professional

Post by Phyton »

I allways buy in Macro Cha-Am without a Macro-Card. What is advantage of this card?

IO Tha Yang told me on request, new 24 hour report only when entering Thailand again. Some days/nights in Bangkok Hotel, not needed a reregistration.
Greets,
Phyton
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Ms Tigger wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:33 pm Quite possibly moving to Cha Am in the next few months. I know immigration for Cha Am is a few km's up the road in Tha Yang, but I was wondering how friendly the IO's are there and if, for example, they rigorously enforce things like the reporting of return to address if you've been away from home for a few days? Some immigrations seem to be all over it and some don't bother!
Also do you need a card for the Makro to shop there, or are they not fussed? I've shopped in the bigger one in Hua Hin before and remember they were quite keen on the card being shown.
Makro Hua Hin gives you a day pass. I already bought a fan at Makro Tha Yang, not available in Hua Hin without day pass after insisting.