The Digital Surgery (computer questions/problems here)

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: The Digital Surgery

Post by hhinner »

Have you tried the steps in here: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/stop-pop-ups-chrome ? Apologies if already tried.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

The Digital Surgery

Post by Dannie Boy »

usual suspect wrote:Can anyone out there help me decide which Bitdefender 'Total security' deal to choose..?
I have used BD for a coupla Yrs now, renwal is in 2 weeks, and I'm happy to continue with it...but..
Looking on ebay there's a mass of cheap options..really cheap, cheap enuf to make you instantly think 'nah'.
If I click 'renew' on my BD page on my lappy at the moment it directs me to their page offering another Yrs package at
999B..Is this the deal I should be taking to make sure I get a genuine subscription..?
Or where do others buy from..? Maybe buy off Lazada..? Or should I just go upstairs in MV..?

Thanks in advance for any sensible suggestions..US.
I’ve been using Bitdefender for the past two years and to the best of my knowledge have not had a single issue. My last renewal cost $45 and covered up to 5 devices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:09 am For about a month now, about every hour I get a little pop up appear in the bottom right corner of my screen. Often from WOW Solutions, but as you can see from the image captured, not always.

pop.jpg

It is annoying, rather than a problem. I click it, it starts to open a new tab, and I simply kill the tab,

First thought was Malware, but several scans later, nothing found, and it's still there. I've done several virus scans also, but can't find anything. It only happens on Chrome. I have re-instated my pop up blocker to no effect other than a host of applications asking me to switch it off.

I've looked for unusual program additions, but find nothing.

Has anybody else experienced this? Does anybody have any ideas on clearing it?
At last, I think I've zapped it. This morning I clicked on a news article on social media, and the news page came up, immediately followed by a accept cookies pop-up. Normally, I just accept, but this was the site giving me the problems, so I drilled down. As part of accepting the cookies, I was also agreeing to the regular advertising pop-up. Obviously clearing cookies did not remove the permission for the advertising, which I have now done manually. So, fingers crossed.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

MacBook Air Repair

Post by Lung Per »

I have encountered a problem with my MacBook Air
I don't want to use the large shops in MV.
I need a guy who can fix the problem while I look over his shoulder. - So he don't copy my stuff.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Can go out of HH, but don't want to go to BKK.
A friend is only one click away
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Well, the above contact details for Mr. Don (from BB's post of last year) seem to be wrong.

I was helpfully given another number but that just goes to answerphone. Maybe it's too early on a Saturday morning?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

lomuamart wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:43 am Well, the above contact details for Mr. Don (from BB's post of last year) seem to be wrong.

I was helpfully given another number but that just goes to answerphone. Maybe it's too early on a Saturday morning?
The latest number I've been using is 0871 609 977. If you find a better number, please advise.

Points 48; Position 20
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Thanks, BB. The telephone number is still good.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:thumb:

Points 48; Position 20
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Uploading a saved video from my PC (not on Youtube)

Post by dtaai-maai »

How can I post a video someone sent me on WhatsApp?
This is the way
pharvey

Re: Uploading a saved video from my PC (not on Youtube)

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:44 am How can I post a video someone sent me on WhatsApp?
The way I've done it (perhaps not the best), was to save and Email to myself - then upload to Youtube. Actually fairly quick and easy.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Thanks pharvey, it turns out there's no need to email it if it's saved on your PC, but otherwise it works fine. :cheers:

I realise I didn't seek your permission to post the vid of your morning workout, but I hope you don't mind. :laugh:
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:34 am Thanks pharvey, it turns out there's no need to email it if it's saved on your PC, but otherwise it works fine. :cheers:
Hadn't thought the App was on a PC - which makes things easier! Right result in the end. :thumb:
dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:34 am I realise I didn't seek your permission to post the vid of your morning workout, but I hope you don't mind. :laugh:
Hadn't realised you were filming! There could be repercussions.....
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

monitor pausing problem

Post by ahandpatsy »

I know in the scheme of things this is an irrelevant issue but its driving me mad because I can't find a reason or fix for this

So.. I have a ms surface laptop that is connected to a monitor through their stupidly expensive surface dock.

All has been working fine for about 2 years and now suddenly every 15 or 20 minutes my screen goes blank for about 1 or 2 seconds.

Its not the monitor since I have swopped them and its still happening.

I have taken out the connections to the monitor and make sure they are in position.

Its not heat as it can happen in morning.

Its random too

Any ideas, anything I can check ?

Thanks in advance

ah
buksida

Post by buksida »

No idea about Surface tablets but on a Windows-based PC I would update the graphics drivers as a first test.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

Good idea but all is up to date