Hua Hin to Sterilize 1200 Macaques

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Hua Hin to Sterilize 1200 Macaques

Post by usual suspect »

The Hin Lek Fai viewpoint has been taken over by the nasty sods. Trees have been stripped, the place stinks now, Cars are damaged, motorcycle seats torn & yet every evening the Thais are taking buckets and bags of fruit up there for them..(then leave all the plastic bags everywhere TiT)
The place is a mess now, and (easy for me to say)..but the every dam monkey needs relocating or culling!
This area of 'Paradise City', much like the pier area is just neglected and tatty.
Sterilisation is a bit like going to the toilet after you've wet the bed...Rant over.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've not long come back from there today. 3 visits ago I saw monkeys damaging cars, so since then I leave my pitbull (Mrs BB :run: ) to deal with them.

I must say, there must have been 4x as many monkeys as I've previously seen there. The majority were the smaller youngsters. Prime candidates for sterilization or culling.

Relocation? It is my impression that the vast majority have already been relocated to Hin Lek Fai - many seemed to have arrived all of a sudden a while back, and judging by today's experience, they've just relocated a load more.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Got a distraught phone call from Mrs. GN yesterday... she was taking my parents and teenage cousin with her friends up the Hin Lek Fai viewpoint. They decided to feed the monkeys and one of the little b*ast*rds bit my mother :cuss:
Gave them all a big scare and the trip to BKK hospital cost them 11,000thb!!!

I'm sure this is not an isolated incident so please warn all your friends and family.

GN.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

There have been several reports of aggressive monkeys up Hin Lek Fai. Very often in the car park before venturing anywhere else.
the trip to BKK hospital cost them 11,000thb!!
Wow! That's excessive. One of our visitors was bitten last year. A trip to the Red Cross for a rabies jab and dressing was just a few hundred. The change of dressing each day for the next week was around 80 baht a day.