Camera fair at Bitec

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
PeteC

Camera fair at Bitec

Post by PeteC »

https://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/1798 ... n-pha-taem . (Second half of link)

If you are pondering about getting a new camera for your next vacation, you shouldn't miss this.

The Photo Fair 2019 will be running from Nov 27-Dec 1 at Bitec. At the event, you can try out new cameras and accessories and get special deals.

Also, don't forget to bring your old camera to the event. There will be a photo contest with cash prizes totalling at 70,000 baht (30,000 baht of that for the top winner). Just shoot pictures of any activity at the event and submit your best pictures. Who knows, your old rig might help you pay for a new one.

The fair is open from 10am to 9pm. For details, check out ... https://photofairbangkok.com
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Re: Camera fair at Bitec

Post by laphanphon »

Wow........that's dangerous. I was thinking about going to Krung Thep next week also, and even staying at BangNa area, as I want to pop over to King Rama IX park.

Was checking it out, as a flower festival the following week, but thought I'd rather enjoy it more when nobody there, plus, I've seen my fair share of flower shows, and can't imagine it being any better, than ones I've already seen.

Can't think of a thing I need though, camera wise, or that I need to upgrade to. Sounds damn interesting though..... 8)
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Laphanphon, dangerous statement, went into a camera shop to get some film. Just browsing while waiting to be served.
Managed to spend about £200O on digital equipment, I was about £400 dearer than that, but they took my film equipment in part exchanged. :oops:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Yea......tell me about it.

Xmas 2018, daughter wanted a camera, her 1st, and myself, just action cam for drones or point & shoots, though decent ones, at the time I bought and thought expensive.

Did research, settled on Sony for advance AF systems, and bought in entry level, 5 yr old body, but still ahead of competition in many aspects.

While at store, toying with it, got one for myself......555 Then before leaving Krung Thep, picked up an inexpensive prime.

Couple months later and already had a couple more lens, one, not so cheap. Then upgraded to a new body, as I had to have that new lens, and the old body wouldn't compliment it .......555

At least I stopped building & buying drones. I thought that was addicting. I do think I'm set though, as got 12 to 600mm covered, and on a cropped sensor. Besides, Sony doesn't offer anything else, unless taking out a mortgage to buy.

For anyone thinking about getting into interchangeable lens cameras, bias, but Sony is pretty awesome. Unfortunately, they know they're a step ahead, and full of themselves with pricing.

If thinking Nikon, as an entry brand.....think long & hard, as they are having some major problems staying afloat.