Hua hin korea golf club/milford

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Amaia339
Novice
Novice

Hua hin korea golf club/milford

Post by Amaia339 »

Hi all,

Is anyone familiar with this place? It seems very difficult to find information about it, but from what I can gather they have a 9-hole round of golf which I don't see at any of the other clubs in HH. Has anyone played here and does anyone know how or where to find more information/book a round?
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua hin korea golf club/milford

Post by HarryVardon »

I have not played there for several years. About 10 years ago it was in good condition but the condition got worse and worse over the years. It was a very beautiful 18-hole course with views of the sea on some holes. It was never an easy course to play. I've heard several times that it was supposed to have been taken over by Koreans but nothing seems to change. The last time I played it (about 3 years ago) the course was empty. There was a girl in reception who called for caddies to come from their homes. The restaurant and bar were both closed. If someone was prepared to invest a chunk of money in it then it could become a top course again, it is certainly in a beautiful area amongst the hills.
Kingburn
Novice
Novice

Post by Kingburn »

Hi all. We played there January 17th. The course was mostly green and nice with greens similar (or better) to the Royal Hua Hin. Recommend playing it, fun and challenging, incredibly cheap greenfee.
Mostly Koreans were there. Clubhouses, bunkers and caddies are not of the best standard.
FACEBOOK: Hua-Hin Korea Golf Club & Milpordparadise Hotel
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Mostly Koreans were there
What joy will rush over for round then

:roll: :roll: :roll:
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Kingburn wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:53 am Hi all. We played there January 17th. The course was mostly green and nice with greens similar (or better) to the Royal Hua Hin. Recommend playing it, fun and challenging, incredibly cheap greenfee.
Mostly Koreans were there. Clubhouses, bunkers and caddies are not of the best standard.
HOW CAN N YOU RECOMMEND PLAYING MILFORD WHEN YOU LAST PLAYED THERE 8 MONTHS AGO - ??
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Kingburn
Novice
Novice

Post by Kingburn »

musungu wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:18 pm
Kingburn wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:53 am Hi all. We played there January 17th. The course was mostly green and nice with greens similar (or better) to the Royal Hua Hin. Recommend playing it, fun and challenging, incredibly cheap greenfee.
HOW CAN N YOU RECOMMEND PLAYING MILFORD WHEN YOU LAST PLAYED THERE 8 MONTHS AGO - ??
Instead of spreading negativity, you could have seen their photos here: https://www.facebook.com/HUAHINKOREAGOLFCLUB/
The problem with the golf course has been the lack of grass because they lack water. They have spent a lot of money to fix this problem. Of course this is't Banyan or BM....
water
water
(se pictures Facebook)