Thailand Immigration: TM30 24 hour reporting thread

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
nil
Professional
Professional

Re: Thailand Immigration: TM30 24 hour reporting thread

Post by nil »

They seem to have 3 separate databases that are not linked. When I moved house I updated my address at immigration with the TM28. At the next 90 day report they still had my old address on file.
It’s all pretty pointless anyway as has been mentioned, any criminals are not going to report their movements. I watched a bit of the video and was surprised when the immigration officer said the Bangkok bombing would have been prevented if the house owner had reported the tenants with the TM30.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Well.......with the foreigners, guests at that, wanting to tell immigration, how not to enforce the law, I can only see things getting worse.

Don't be surprised if all offices start to strictly enforce the rules. Can't just leave well enough alone.

Som naa na

Every time people abuse the system, criticize the system, they tighten it. People just won't learn. Glad I have a nice landlord, till house is built, as I wouldn't be surprised, if landlord just stopped leasing to foreigners. I would.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

immigrations.jpg
Helpful diagram
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Ratsima wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:23 am immigrations.jpg

Helpful diagram
only if you can read Thai, which most of us can’t!!
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:11 am only if you can read Thai, which most of us can’t!!
Perhaps that was the point.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

laphanphon wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:02 pm Well.......with the foreigners, guests at that, wanting to tell immigration, how not to enforce the law, I can only see things getting worse.
Don't be surprised if all offices start to strictly enforce the rules. Can't just leave well enough alone.
Som naa na
Every time people abuse the system, criticize the system, they tighten it. People just won't learn. Glad I have a nice landlord, till house is built, as I wouldn't be surprised, if landlord just stopped leasing to foreigners. I would.
Sorry, that is utter BS, and some of the reason why there continues to be confusion, leading to people having to speak out. Guests or not, not ONE of those speakers were attempting to tell immigration how to enforce the law!

It may well change, but as it stands right now there is no law in Thailand restricting "aliens" from both having an opinion, and discussing a subject in an open forum. Even a forum where immigration representatives were invited!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Was at Bluport Immigration today doing 90 day report. Very helpful lady so I asked what the HH policy will be regarding TM30 reporting. She informed me that in future HH will adhere to TM30 regulations, we will have to report within 24 hrs of returning from abroad and also when returning from trips away in country.

Looks like the BS has filtered down to HH.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

I only see you being caught out if you fail to do one when you return to Thailand having been out on a re-entry or if you go out of province and stay at a poncy hotel that actually bothers to do one too. If you stay at a run-of-the-mill hotel or apartment block I bet the don't even bother ... so how would immigration even know? It also seems like you only have to do one if you leave your home province as moving around within home province doesn't seem to be an issue. Guess it depends on your local IO but once you get away from the Nazi ones like CW and Chiang Mai most can't be arsed.

I met a teacher the other day that I know and he lives at the government uni at their apartment blocks and he said he has no idea what to do as he would be asking the government to report him to the government, along with no idea who the landlord was and who's ID card he needed. Think the uni just said forget about it ... :laugh:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

PJG wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:11 pm Was at Bluport Immigration today doing 90 day report. Very helpful lady so I asked what the HH policy will be regarding TM30 reporting. She informed me that in future HH will adhere to TM30 regulations, we will have to report within 24 hrs of returning from abroad and also when returning from trips away in country.

When asked directly.....what did you expect her to reply?

A case where the "gold-star-expats" are creating problems for the rest of us...
Anyone aware of any information published by HH immigration regarding the TM30 nonsense?
Has anyone been fined for not complying at HH immigration...?
Has anyone been denied their extension at HH immigration for the lack of TM30 reporting? **

**Know that BB claims that has happened....has asked him a few times to provide a link to the actual case...but sadly every time he is 'too busy' and advised me to search for it myself... :banghead:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, not too busy (happily retired with plenty of time on my hands). However, if you are doubting my word, then you can be the one who does the legwork to find it.

As for PJG's remark, I don't understand why they would open a dedicated window and permanently man it, if there is no intention of adhering to the regulation.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Mr. T.O.M.

You don't know mus\ch.
Yes I have been a victim of the TM30 report.
IN KORAT!!!

You should just keep your mouth shut because you don't know much how this rather stupid law has to say in the rest of the Kingdom.
The advises you give on the forum are so just as bullshit as yourself - so stop posting if you still want to be a member of this forum.
I say this as a moderator of this forum:
Do not say more than you know and stay away from stupid roumors.
I will not tolerate more posts from you if you if they are just bullshit.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

PJG wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:11 pm Was at Bluport Immigration today doing 90 day report. Very helpful lady so I asked what the HH policy will be regarding TM30 reporting. She informed me that in future HH will adhere to TM30 regulations, we will have to report within 24 hrs of returning from abroad and also when returning from trips away in country.

Well, as I've already stated, I did my extension renewal last week and in spite of staying in some 'upmarket' hotels in the last few weeks, a TM30 was never mentioned, nor was reporting back with my bank book. I didn't even complete an application (printed off on computer). 90 day report was also done.

Will they enforce it in the future? No sign of that yet, but time will tell!
buksida

Post by buksida »

As I mentioned earlier, Hua Hin Immigration did not enforce the 90 day reporting when that was first introduced way back when. They do now and it won't be long before they start enforcing the TM30 either - it is another cash cow for them.

For many, myself included, it will be cheaper to pay the fine than to spend hours travelling and thousands on fuel to do adhere to this mindbogglingly senseless law.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

HHTel wrote:…………………. nor was reporting back with my bank book.
That is the second time that you have posted that comment. Can you please explain what you mean? Is it yet another "rule" that the rest of us don't know about? :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

Norseman wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:22 pm Mr. T.O.M.

You don't know mus\ch.
Yes I have been a victim of the TM30 report.
IN KORAT!!!

You should just keep your mouth shut because you don't know much how this rather stupid law has to say in the rest of the Kingdom.
The advises you give on the forum are so just as bullshit as yourself - so stop posting if you still want to be a member of this forum.
I say this as a moderator of this forum:
Do not say more than you know and stay away from stupid roumors.
I will not tolerate more posts from you if you if they are just bullshit.
Well, well, well....what to say?
For starters....This is NOT a Korat forum....but a forum for people living in Hua Hin.
No less than 3 times in the post you attacked, I mentioned HUA HIN immigration......Fully aware of that the TM30 rules are implemented in different ways around the country....but this is about the way HUA HIN immigration interpret the TM30 rules......Your experience from Korat....as traumatic as it is....has got nothing to do with HUA HIN.

As for your name calling and insults...say more about you, than it does about me...

Imagine my surprise when a moderator....I have never encountered before...suddenly appears out of the blue and empties a bucket of sh*t over my head....
Completely ignoring the golden rule for posting on social media: ' Attack the post...not the poster'

To the other moderators here...If you share Norseman's view on my posts here....just let me know, and I will gracefully retire from here...no need for suspension or banning...I will leave quietly