Police complaint lodged against parents in BBK death crash

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Police complaint lodged against parents in BBK death crash

Post by migrant »

T.I.G.R. wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 pm She said the family did not pay right away because it did not have enough cash. She suggested the Justice Ministry use its justice fund for quick compensation payment, and her family would later reimburse it.

Mrs Ladawan was adamant family intended to pay the compensation. She apologised to the victims and their families, saying her her family shared the suffering of the victims. Her daughter suffered from depression, and the whole family depended on sleeping pills.

There isn't a word in the dictionary meaningful enough to describe this disgusting situation.......
Or those disgusting people
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

I was trying to watch what I said so I wouldn't get sued!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Praewa's cash compensation placed with court

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... with-court

The family of Orachon "Praewa" Devahastin na Ayudhya had TV show host and actor Kanchai Kamnerdploy place 41.75-million-baht cashier cheques with the Civil Court on Tuesday to compensate victims of her fatal tollway crash in 2010.

Mr Kanchai handed the cheques worth 41,755,050.79 baht to Opas Anantasomboon, chief judge of the Civil Court.

Mr Kanchai said earlier the family had him sell their land plots to raise the compensation but the sale could not be accomplished. So the family decided to borrow the 41.75-million-baht sum from relatives.

The sum fell short by more than 800,000 baht because it was based on interest as of last Friday. The family would give the outstanding amount in a few days, Mr Kanchai said.

The family of Praewa did not show up at the Civil Court on Tuesday because it was inconvenient to do so and they had apologised to the victims of the crash, he said.(I suppose it was also "inconvenient" for the victims!)

Mr Opas said 26 people would receive the compensation and the Civil Court would make an appointment for all of them to accept it at the same time.

He said no one would have wished the crash to happen, the affected people suffered great losses and Praewa committed the crime when she was only 16 years old. Society should consider the situations of both sides, he said.

Praewa smashed the car she was driving into a public van, killing nine and injuring four others, on Dec 27, 2010. She was driving without a licence and using a mobile phone.

The Supreme Court on May 8 ordered the driver, her parents and the car owner to pay the families of the victims 25 million baht plus 7.5% interest from the day of the accident. It totalled 42.64 million baht.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!