Vehicle Testing Centre

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
caller
Hero
Hero

Vehicle Testing Centre

Post by caller »

Does anyone know where these are in Hua Hin or Pranburi? Is one near the licensing centre in Pranburi or is that where it is?

My Mazda pick up needs to be tested (MOT style) before I can renew my tax disk, even though it is 6 and not 7 years old?

So, to be clear I am not talking about a car dealer, but a Government / local Govt. centre.

Only found out today and tax expires on Monday. Car's in for a service on Friday in any case (booked before I knew about this)!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Vehicle Testing Centre

Post by caller »

Post on here out of desperation and then have sent to me details of an 'authorised tester' on the pala-u road, not far from me. I'll take a pic when I am there if needed by anyone else.
Talk is cheap
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

It's this place next to La Vallee light on the Pulau-U road:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@12.57492 ... 312!8i6656
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

KC garage by the flyover will do the test and the tax for you. Tax disc to picked up a couple of days later.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

These Testing Stations are springing up all over the place. There's a newish one I've noticed on the Canal road and the one I use is at the top of 112 just before the traffic lights.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

sateeb wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 am These Testing Stations are springing up all over the place. There's a newish one I've noticed on the Canal road and the one I use is at the top of 112 just before the traffic lights.
Have you more details on this? It's by far the nearest one to me.

HHTel - where exactly is KC? Thanks
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Caller, if you were coming along Petchkasem from HH heading for the fly-over (one u-turn for you). Take the u-turn under the fly-over (okay another u-turn) and KC garage is on the left on the northbound part of the U-turn. Test and road tax all done while you wait (10 mins or so).
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

HHTel wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:02 am Caller, if you were coming along Petchkasem from HH heading for the fly-over (one u-turn for you). Take the u-turn under the fly-over (okay another u-turn) and KC garage is on the left on the northbound part of the U-turn. Test and road tax all done while you wait (10 mins or so).
I will be going there within the next hour - many thanks HH!
Talk is cheap
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

sateeb wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 am These Testing Stations are springing up all over the place. There's a newish one I've noticed on the Canal road and the one I use is at the top of 112 just before the traffic lights.
Has the one on the Canal Road between Soi 94 and Soi 88 opened? It was still not open early May.
YNWA
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

caller wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:44 amI will be going there within the next hour - many thanks HH!
And very helpful they were too.

My car, as I believed, did not need an MOT, but they were happy to issue the Tax disc. But I couldn't find my insurance, which usually sits under the handbook in the glove compartment. Cue a trip back home and a search and a shrugged, 'gawd knows where that has gone' and a phone call to the other half in Bangkok.

When I returned to the garage, my other half spoke to reception and they were happy to accept a copy sent via line (my insurance is arranged via her company) with an email version sent to me for printing. So the upshot is I have to return on Wednesday to get my new tax disk, to replace the one that erm, expires on Monday. But they gave me a 'processing' slip to hand to the Police if I am stopped. Apparently that is procedure!
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Glad you got it sorted, Caller. In case they never told you, when you pick up your tax disc, it's not the office that you were in, but a parts counter a little further on. Sort of in the corner.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

huahin4ever wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:36 pm
Has the one on the Canal Road between Soi 94 and Soi 88 opened? It was still not open early May.
I didn't go in there, but it appeared to be open when I went past last week.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

HHTel wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:24 pm Glad you got it sorted, Caller. In case they never told you, when you pick up your tax disc, it's not the office that you were in, but a parts counter a little further on. Sort of in the corner.
They didn't tell me! Thanks again!! :thumb:
Talk is cheap
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Nereus wrote:
huahin4ever wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:36 pm
I didn't go in there, but it appeared to be open when I went past last week.
It is open.