Fire ravages Hua Hin resort

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Fire ravages Hua Hin resort

Post by Nereus »

Fire ravages Hua Hin resort; all tourists, staff safe

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/genera ... recent_box

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN: Fire engulfed four villas at a famous resort in Hua Hin district, but all staff members and guests are safe.

The fire at Dhevan Dara Resort and Spa started at 11.40am on Sunday. The fire appeared to have started in a patch of weeds outside the compound. A guest villa close to the fence then caught fire, and the blaze spread to three other villas, according to hotel staff and the Phetkasem Hua Hin rescue volunteer unit.

Police said more than 15 fire engines from Hua Hin, Pran Buri district of Prachuap Khiri Khan and Cha-am district of Phetchaburi were called to the scene and were able to bring the fire under control in about two hours. The damage was preliminarily estimated to be at least 10 million baht.

Forensic police will determine the actual cause of the fire from evidence collected from the scene, said Pol Col Damrongsak Thongngamkrakul, the deputy provincial police chief.

Pol Maj Varodom Bairuea, chief of the Tourist Police in Hua Hin, said all guests were safe.
Four villas at Dhevan Dara Resort and Spa in Hua Hin district of Prachuap Khiri Khan caught fire on Sunday. (Photo by Chaiwat Satyaem)
Four villas at Dhevan Dara Resort and Spa in Hua Hin district of Prachuap Khiri Khan caught fire on Sunday. (Photo by Chaiwat Satyaem)
c1_1664788_620x413.jpg (68.74 KiB) Viewed 581 times
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Re: Fire ravages Hua Hin resort

Post by PeteC »

Another photo in that story shows a grass roof over some kind of tile. What quality of tile I don't know but it appears it was also capable of burning and/or melting. I think a good idea to get rid of the grass, this is not Tahiti and too dry year round to make that material safe.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Nereus wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:42 pm Fire ravages Hua Hin resort; all tourists, staff safe

Forensic police will determine the actual cause of the fire from evidence collected from the scene, said Pol Col Damrongsak Thongngamkrakul, the deputy provincial police chief.
I’ve always wondered about the how this is done, mainly in countries with a more renowned police service, but this I’m intrigued to learn more about. :|
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

J.J.B. wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:16 am
Nereus wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:42 pm Fire ravages Hua Hin resort; all tourists, staff safe

I’ve always wondered about the how this is done, mainly in countries with a more renowned police service, but this I’m intrigued to learn more about. :|
Inspector Clouseau?