New Yr fireworks/ beer on the beach..

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

New Yr fireworks/ beer on the beach..

Post by usual suspect »

OK folks, it would seem that for the 1st time in nearly 20yrs I'm not gonna be tied to playing mine-host down Binta..So-
I would like to witness the fireworks that people tell me the hotels send up at midnight..
..Where is the best place in your opinion for me to be..?
IF the answer is actually on the beach itself, does the narrow walkway from the Tourist Police box get rammed as everyone shuffles down at the same time..?
AND..Am I allowed to take onto the beach a coolbox with a few bottles of Leo & ice without being pulled for drinking in a public place..?
(If that is the sad, sorry case then I may find a hotel for the night & take the icebox plus a plaggy chair up onto the rooftop for the duration of the show).
Big Boy

Re: New Yr fireworks/ beer on the beach..

Post by Big Boy »

Who knows? New rules get introduced every year :D Also, maybe all of that day's 110,000 arrivals may head for that stretch of beach.

Seriously, I've been to the beach near the Intercontinental a couple of times, and the display has been spectacular. I can't drink Thai beer, but there have always been plenty of beach parties going on, with plenty of liquid refreshments. The beach is a great place to be at midnight.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Many thanks for that suggestion B.B. I may well head over that way..there will be enuf beer flowing all night, but I would like a cold one in my hand while enjoying the display.. :cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

We've always gone to the far end of the beach, Kao Takiap, by the golden buddha. You can see the whole strip from there and there's a beach restaurant for food and drinks. Take your own fireworks as well if you will.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I think the restaurant on the beach at Takieb is now gone!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Thanks for that Nokyai. Didn't go there last year but was planning to this year.
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

The last couple of years celebrations have been somewhat subdued after the passing of
the late King. Prior to that Hilton and Centara had big fireworks displays and there were big crowds on the beach in front of them. As you mentioned regarding crowds, three years ago there were literally thousands of people coming back into Bintablock at the end of the display - but in a fairly orderly manner. I don't know about the displays this year and it's still very quiet...