BKK moderately priced hotel by skytrain

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
migrant
Addict
Addict

BKK moderately priced hotel by skytrain

Post by migrant »

Have friends coming at month end to BKK. They asked about a "well located" moderately priced hotel.

I figure if they find one by a skytrain portal it would get them to many areas.

When we go up we stay with friends not too far from Nana but this couple is older and may not appreciate the nightlife (Her at least!!)

Any ideas?? :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Re: BKK moderately priced hotel by skytrain

Post by PeteC »

Take a look at this place. Quiet area and a 15 minute walk, or free hotel vehicle, to the skytrain by the Emporium at Sukhumvit Soi 24. They would have to walk back though. See the map at the "Location" tab. Note, it's not "well located" in regards to things to do or see in the immediate area. Pete :cheers:

http://www.davisbangkok.net
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Are these first time tourist, how old, and fit (don't mind a stroll) and can handle 500 m to hotel.

Can actually filter the booking sites (booking.com) for a particular BTS / MRT station. I personally prefer MRT, less crowded and have the ol' folks discount, using their debit card.

They here for tourist sites, GP, W. Pho / Arun, or just knock around town and pig out, maybe with some mall window shopping and local markets.

I've been hanging around Lat Phrao lately, travel with pet though, so my choices are limited.

If playing tourist and peeking at the big sites, then MRT / Hua Lampang area would be good, especially if fit and don't mind walking. Or any spot along the river near a pier also works excellent.

Do they want western comforts / venues, or a more local vibe. Local vibe, and Wang Lang Riverside Hotel would fit nicely. On Thonburi side, w/local markets around the area, short stroll to the pier.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

laphanphon wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:04 am Are these first time tourist, how old, and fit (don't mind a stroll) and can handle 500 m to hotel.

Can actually filter the booking sites (booking.com) for a particular BTS / MRT station. I personally prefer MRT, less crowded and have the ol' folks discount, using their debit card.

They here for tourist sites, GP, W. Pho / Arun, or just knock around town and pig out, maybe with some mall window shopping and local markets.

I've been hanging around Lat Phrao lately, travel with pet though, so my choices are limited.

If playing tourist and peeking at the big sites, then MRT / Hua Lampang area would be good, especially if fit and don't mind walking. Or any spot along the river near a pier also works excellent.

Do they want western comforts / venues, or a more local vibe. Local vibe, and Wang Lang Riverside Hotel would fit nicely. On Thonburi side, w/local markets around the area, short stroll to the pier.
They are early 60's/ late 50's and in good enough shape for some good walking. They are only here for a few days so wanted something central
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Huge metro of neighborhoods. Central to ? Though most things are a short ride away on the rail lines.

Riverside if first timer and wanting to see, the 'must see' tourist sites, listed earlier.

Wang Lang hotel would be my first suggesting to anyone, especially more mature folks not looking for heavy nightlife, for a short stay.

Sit hotel side / Thonburi riverside for night time sipping. Not good for commute back and for to other side of river, as water taxis stop running, and meter taxis at night can be a challenge.

I'm not a big fan of farang tourist areas.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

PeteC wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:35 am Take a look at this place. Quiet area and a 15 minute walk, or free hotel vehicle, to the skytrain by the Emporium at Sukhumvit Soi 24. They would have to walk back though. See the map at the "Location" tab. Note, it's not "well located" in regards to things to do or see in the immediate area. Pete :cheers:

http://www.davisbangkok.net

It's too far Pete, IMO, I know that hotel and stayed there in the past. There are heaps of decent places within a few minutes walk of the skytrain all over.
Talk is cheap
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

migrant wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:59 am Have friends coming at month end to BKK. They asked about a "well located" moderately priced hotel.
I figure if they find one by a skytrain portal it would get them to many areas.
When we go up we stay with friends not too far from Nana but this couple is older and may not appreciate the nightlife (Her at least!!) Any ideas?? :cheers:
I have not been inside the following, but it is relatively new, not right in the city and it has a BTS station right at the front door. I can see it from my Condo and sometimes there is a helicopter using the rooftop pad.

https://www.jasmineresortbangkok.com/
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks all!! :cheers:
Phyton
Professional
Professional

Post by Phyton »

We just back from ON8. Sukhumvit Soi 8. They have direct access to Nana BTS, when you leave the Hotel thru the short cut way.

One of the best location, when you like direct BTS access.
Greets,
Phyton
traveller2
Professional
Professional

Post by traveller2 »

It depends on what you call moderately priced.
My wife and I are in our mid fifties now and don't really do the nightlife scene.
When we stay in Bkk, we use the Holiday Inn Bangkok, on Ploen Chit Road.
It's right next to the skywalk and rail system. Only 100m from the Erawan Shrine and very close to good shopping malls.
I hope this is helpful :-)
wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Asia Hotel connects and ajoins to Sky Train at Ratchatavi - could not be more central
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks All!!