Permanent Residency

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Re: Permanent Residency

Post by laphanphon »

europtimiste wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:45 pmLook at all those farangs buying residents at a cost of 2 digit million Bht.
I've built 2 homes, and another on the way. If you know you're going to live somewhere, for a few years, then building / owning (wives' name of course), makes sense to own.

Basically means I've lived here, rent free, for 18+ years. Equivalent of renting those residence, would have been 10-20k a month.

Of course if not in a stable relationship, or move quite a bit, every 2 or 3 years, then no, simply rent.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

laphanphon wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:33 am
europtimiste wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:45 pmLook at all those farangs buying residents at a cost of 2 digit million Bht.
I've built 2 homes, and another on the way. If you know you're going to live somewhere, for a few years, then building / owning (wives' name of course), makes sense to own.

Basically means I've lived here, rent free, for 18+ years. Equivalent of renting those residence, would have been 10-20k a month.

Of course if not in a stable relationship, or move quite a bit, every 2 or 3 years, then no, simply rent.
Even with a rent of 20k/month 18+ years, that's not 5 millions. I mentioned houses 2 digit millions ( 10-15 and even 20 million).
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Ah, the luxury of never being wrong about anything, anytime, anywhere.