Green Baht Bus prices

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
londongeorge

Green Baht Bus prices

Post by londongeorge »

I don't often use this service but this morning I got on the bus at Market Village and headed into town. I got off on Petchkasem just across from the ESSO station between Sois 53 and 55, handed over 10 Baht and walked away. The driver honked his horn and called me back and said the fair was 20. I apologized and handed over the other 10. No big deal but I was always led to believe that the fares were 10 Baht in the daytime and 15 - 20 at night. Has there been an increase or was I getting "Farang" rate? If there has been an increase then I'll know to hand over 20 from now on.

I also noticed that the Tesco Express at the ESSO station is closed up. When did this happen?
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Re: Green Baht Bus.

Post by MDMK »

Is this the Esso I think it is.... after the baht bus has made it's loop along the Sa Song Rd back onto the Phetkasem Rd? If so I have had this twice that the baht bus driver announced that the night market stop at Sa Song Rd was a sort of terminus and a new fare started there, so 20 baht. But the vast majority of the time it was only 10 baht. I also wondered if this was farang rate or genuine.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Re: Green Baht Bus.

Post by MDMK »

I have also had a few time that the baht bus I was on actually stopped completely at the night market stop on Sa Song Rd (end of the driver's shift I suppose) and we all had to get out and on to another baht bus to go further. Everyone, Thai and farang, gave the driver of the first bus 10 baht and then another 10 baht when they got off the second baht bus. So that kind of supported the theory that the Sa Song Rd stop is indeed the begin/end point, but just doesn't explain the main times I went went through the Sa Song Rd/night market stop in both directions and only paid 10 baht. I would be interested to hear what the official line on this us.
lomuamart

Re: Green Baht Bus prices

Post by lomuamart »

Starting off in Khao Takieb, it costs 10 THB to get to the crossroads at the night market. After that, and on the same songthaew, it costs another 10 THB to go all the way up to the airport and back to the night market. At the night market, you change songthaew and pay 10 THB to go down to KT.
That's the route/ fares/loops.
After 7pm to 9pm, all those 10 THBs increase to 15 except if you go from the KT stretch up to the airport in which case it's the usual 20 THB day time rate for some reason.
None of you were paying a farang price.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

lomuamart wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:23 pm Starting off in Khao Takieb, it costs 10 THB to get to the crossroads at the night market. After that, and on the same songthaew, it costs another 10 THB to go all the way up to the airport and back to the night market. At the night market, you change songthaew and pay 10 THB to go down to KT.
That's the route/ fares/loops.

None of you were paying a farang price.
shit. I feared as much. But it does mean I have shortchanged the driver manys a time as I just gave 10baht and swanned off. I am surprised more of the drivers didn't pull me up. I must pay attention to this in the future. I feel a right cheap charlie ripping a baht bus driver off for 10 baht :oops:
londongeorge

Post by londongeorge »

Thanks for the reply's and I now understand that the extra 10 was because I went past the Night Market. I'll know to give 20 next time.