Hua Hin hospital special medical clinic

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin Hospital Express Clinic has moved

Post by Dannie Boy »

To be fair, I doubt whether anybody reading this thread will know to any degree of certainty, whether the provision of the Bangkok Hospital has led to improvements to the Hua Hin Hospital, and/or to what extent - the main issue is that the HH Hospital has had a major investment in its facilities for which we can all be grateful.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

This is the part I was referring to.
oakdale160 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:37 pm YES it has, by incentivizing the Thai Hospitals, esp HH Hospital to improve their care to ex-pats and tourists.
I'd be very surprised any of the investment was because there are expats or tourists here. It is all done for the Thai population, and I'm very grateful that we can take advantage of the services.

I've been to public hospitals in expat areas with a much higher concentration of expats and tourists, and it was like the pre-improved Hua Hin Hospital.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:33 am This is the part I was referring to.
oakdale160 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:37 pm YES it has, by incentivizing the Thai Hospitals, esp HH Hospital to improve their care to ex-pats and tourists.
I'd be very surprised any of the investment was because there are expats or tourists here. It is all done for the Thai population, and I'm very grateful that we can take advantage of the services.

I've been to public hospitals in expat areas with a much higher concentration of expats and tourists, and it was like the pre-improved Hua Hin Hospital.
I beleive that you are all missing the point. The Hua Hin Hospital is there to provide for the areas prime family, regardless of whether or not they are in full time residence.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm not missing any point. I gratefully accept that I am able to use the public facility. As far as Hua Hin Hospital is concerned, I very much doubt whether the presence of expats or tourists has influenced anything. They provide the best service they can for the Thai public, and they allow me to use their facility.

[Edit] It is the thought that Bangkok Hospital is influencing the wonderful improvements that I find incredulous.

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:04 am I'm not missing any point. I gratefully accept that I am able to use the public facility. As far as Hua Hin Hospital is concerned, I very much doubt whether the presence of expats or tourists has influenced anything. They provide the best service they can for the Thai public, and they allow me to use their facility.

[Edit] It is the thought that Bangkok Hospital is influencing the wonderful improvements that I find incredulous.
Oh well, you obviously know more about it than me. The fact remains that for many years the Hua Hin Hospital has provided a much higher level of facilities than any other provincial government hospital. The cardiac unit was provided for one reason only, as an example.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, but was it provided because Hua Hin had expats, tourists or because of Bangkok Hospital as is being suggested?

We probably all know the real reason.

Points 41; Position 18
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:30 am Yes, but was it provided because Hua Hin had expats, tourists or because of Bangkok Hospital as is being suggested?

We probably all know the real reason.
Off topic but MOD will accept - Well done Plymouth off the bottom at last !!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

In judging hospitals, much attention is given to facilities and equipment when the real factors that are important are the abilities and attitude of the staff. I broke my ankle about a year ago. I went to the HHH and received excellent care. Both the lady ER Dr and the young male Orthopedic Surgeon spoke excellent English, explained everything at length and were speedy and efficient. The bill was ridiculously low.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

I would like to visit HH Hospital and see an orthopedic surgeon.
Can you let me have the telephone number , or do I just turn up at the Express Clinic. Can you guide me as to its whereabouts. I guess making an appointment is not possible? Thanks all
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I had a medical a couple of weeks ago and because of a separate problem, I was referred to the orthopedic doctor. Unfortunately, it seems that the clinic doesn't have access to one. He's only there after 5pm. The clinic made the appointment and it is stamped 'express'. It meant I had to turn up for the appointment with all the 'regulars' although I did seem to be attended to quite quickly so the 'express' may have an effect.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Thanks HHTel - So I just go to the main reception after 5.00pm and ask for an appointment, or should I go earlier if there may be others waiting?
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Hua Hin hospital has an orthopaedic surgery every evening Monday to Friday. It should start about 5pm but seems to begin a bit earlier than that. If you get there about 4.30 you'll probably be on of the first patients to be seen. This is on the ground floor. You should register at one of the windows just inside the main entrance and then go report to the nurses' station at the ortho clinic. It may sometimes be a little busy, but not too bad because it's not free or even only 30 baht for Thais as it's classed as out of hours.

If you prefer to use the express clinic then that's mon-fri 8am-3pm.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

And no appointment necessary.
egiljohann
Amateur
Amateur

Post by egiljohann »

I visited the express clinic to day at 12'o'clock for getting some medicine for my heart. I have got the medicine from my home country and now it's nearly finished. The young lady at the desk asked me if I had been eaten this morning and then turned me away and said no service after 12. I had to come back to morrow at 8'o'clock. Well, i did not had the chance of telling her the reason I'd come there, so why the question about my eating habits?
I will go again to morrow and see what's happening and maybe I have to drop my breakfast! :roll:
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

hhinner wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:12 pm Hua Hin hospital has an orthopaedic surgery every evening Monday to Friday. It should start about 5pm but seems to begin a bit earlier than that. If you get there about 4.30 you'll probably be on of the first patients to be seen. This is on the ground floor. You should register at one of the windows just inside the main entrance and then go report to the nurses' station at the ortho clinic. It may sometimes be a little busy, but not too bad because it's not free or even only 30 baht for Thais as it's classed as out of hours.

If you prefer to use the express clinic then that's mon-fri 8am-3pm.
It is excellent service - cost for Doctor is Bht250 plus Bht 100 for Nursing service I needed an Xray once and that was Bht450
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.