Extension of Visa Exemption Extension

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Extension of Visa Exemption Extension

Post by Big Boy »

I have 2 friends who are here on a 30 day visa exemption. They have already extended, but will need a couple of days longer.

I have heard that it should be possible to obtain a further 7 day extension - is this correct please?

If correct, how do they arrange their extension, and what do they need to show? Can it be done at Bluport, or do they have to go to 19 Rai?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
lomuamart

Re: Extension of Visa Exemption Extension

Post by lomuamart »

I'm not sure whether Bluport can do it but they should be able to get another 7 days. Technically, that won't be an extension but rather they'll be given 7 days grace to leave the country. Obviously, it amounts to the same thing.
I believe they'll just need to show the same docs and photocopies as they did for the 30 day extension and cost of 1,900 THB. If they didn't have to show a flight out of the country last time, it would be wise to show it this.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks Lomu :thumb:

Points 41; Position 18
Bubba1

Post by Bubba1 »

lomuamart wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:57 am I'm not sure whether Bluport can do it but they should be able to get another 7 days. Technically, that won't be an extension but rather they'll be given 7 days grace to leave the country. Obviously, it amounts to the same thing.
I believe they'll just need to show the same docs and photocopies as they did for the 30 day extension and cost of 1,900 THB. If they didn't have to show a flight out of the country last time, it would be wise to show it this.
Yes that's correct sir.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I hadn't realised, but my 90 day report was today, so I confirmed everything at Immigration this morning.

It's exactly the same as a 30 day extension, and it can be done at Bluport.

Points 41; Position 18