SIM card in UK

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

SIM card in UK

Post by oakdale160 »

I am going on a trip--5days in UK and 5 days in France. Port of entry Manchester Airport. Can I buy a short term SIM card for my unlocked iphone that will work in UK, better still in UK and France. Thank you.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: SIM card in UK

Post by Dannie Boy »

oakdale160 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:47 am I am going on a trip--5days in UK and 5 days in France. Port of entry Manchester Airport. Can I buy a short term SIM card for my unlocked iphone that will work in UK, better still in UK and France. Thank you.
If you have a UK address you can use, then try a Company called GiffGaff - see the attached link https://redir2.info.giffgaff.com/r/?id= ... 43,fc9c051

I went to the UK just before Christmas and ordered a SIM card to be sent to the person I was staying with. The SIM card itself is free and all I did was take out a one-off £10 subscription that gave me 3GB of data, 500 minutes local calls and unlimited text messages. The package lasts indefinitely as far as I am aware, all you have to do is use it at least once in 6 months to keep it alive.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

I use GiffGaff, you can also buy them from most local newsagents, not sure about use in France though
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Taken from: - https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/visi ... -sim-cards

Getting a UK SIM Card

"In the UK, it’s a straightforward process to pick up a pre-paid SIM card. All you need to do is to order a free SIM card online, or you can pick one up in person for a minimal cost. There’s no need for you to be a UK resident and there’s also no need to provide any ID when ordering your SIM card. Your cellphone will however need to be carrier-unlocked for it to accept a SIM card from UK networks.

At present, we’d strongly recommend giffgaff as the best SIM card for anyone visiting or moving to the UK. The reason for this is because they provide free international delivery and because they also allow you to top-up with a non-UK credit card or debit card (most other networks will require you to use a UK-based card)."

You will also be able to use in France: -

"On giffgaff, a £10 top-up will give you 3GB of 4G data along with 500 UK minutes and unlimited UK texts. You can also get low-cost international phone calls from the UK to other countries and you can tether at no extra charge (so your mobile internet connection can be shared with other people or other devices). You’ll also get unlimited free calling to other giffgaff members and you can use the SIM card in Europe at no extra cost."

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.