Premier League 2017-2018

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2017-2018

Post by redzonerocker »

dtaai-maai wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:32 am I think you'll find it was humour rzr. You need to switch off the Brexit defence radar. You're a gooner, you must have a sense of humour, surely...? :wink:
Sorry, he's not remotely capable of humour . . . . . just in case you didn't realise, this is the PL 2017-18 thread, hardly the place for sly Brexit snipes.
Besides, I though it was quite tame response in general.
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

redzonerocker wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:57 am just in case you didn't realise, this is the PL 2017-18 thread, hardly the place for sly Brexit snipes.
Errrm, that's exactly the point I was making!
This is the way
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

dtaai-maai wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:04 am
Errrm, that's exactly the point I was making!
You didn't make it very well then.
There was no humour at all in bsdk's post and none intended either, there's no doubt of that whatsoever. :wink:
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

It was actully a joke,I don't care about brexit,would only hope we did the same in Denmark,I have vote against every referendum there has been in Dk ,since I could vote. :offtopic:

Hope Arsenal win tonight :dance: :dance:

:cheers: :cheers:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

This week in the post-match comments by managers there was more talk about the need for Video assistance than usual. The Rugby world went through a period when it was debated but not implemented for a couple of years. Now there it would be unthinkable not to have it in top games. The details have to be worked out and the scope of appeals carefully defined and in some ways this will be more difficult than in rugby which is more of a stop and start game, but it is coming and will improve the game.
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

There have been quite a few lows for Arsenal this season but last nights defeat at Swansea must be up there with the worst.
They have lost Sanchez,Ozil will be gone for free in the summer and,the ever loyal,Giroud is being forced out.The defence is mediocre and the midfield rarely seems to click these days.
As an outsider looking in,I would say that Wenger should have gone 5 years ago and certainly after they were thumped 10-2 on aggregate by Bayern Munich in the Champions League last season.
They were always a top 2 side,then it became a top 4 and now its a top 6.....If Wenger stays on how long before its a top 10 ?
Like I say,he should have gone a few years back.His reputation is going down the toilet quickly now.

Anyway,its the Spuds v United tonight......should be a good game.....I'll settle for a point for United now. :wink:
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Yes, Arsenal's dilemma is most distressing... :lach: :lach: :dance: :sun: :butt:

What worries me about tonight is that Mourinho will also be happy with a draw and will make it very difficult for us to score. Anyway, looking forward to the game!
This is the way
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Zidane wrote:Ozil will be gone for free in the summer
Are you sure about that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Henry 14th wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:46 pm
I think he meant Wenger.
Talk is cheap
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Zidane wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:01 pm There have been quite a few lows for Arsenal this season but last nights defeat at Swansea must be up there with the worst.
Not for me personally, or for many fans to be honest.
It's kind of accepted, especially after thumping Palace last time out. :banghead:
They have lost Sanchez,Ozil will be gone for free in the summer and,the ever loyal,Giroud is being forced out.The defence is mediocre and the midfield rarely seems to click these days.
We didn't lose Sanchez, he wanted to go . . . . . . not for the money though :roll: :laugh:
He would have went in the summer for nothing so we kind of got a good deal on him in the end. :wink:
Ozil has signed a new deal . . . . . do keep up!! :D

Calling our defence mediocre is praising them up a bit to much, but the club knows what's required and they've gone out and bought in 2 more attacking players. :banghead:
As an outsider looking in,I would say that Wenger should have gone 5 years ago.

Like I say,he should have gone a few years back.His reputation is going down the toilet quickly now.
Yep, and as an insider that's exactly what I've been saying for the last 5 years. :mrgreen:
He's had a few good opportunities to go out on a high too (FA cup wins) but has chosen to continue to ruin his legacy.
The board are as much to blame for offering him that 2 year contract in the summer . . . bonkers. :tsk:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

dtaai-maai wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:15 pm Yes, Arsenal's dilemma is most distressing... :lach: :lach: :dance: :sun: :butt:
Make hay whilst the sun shines :wink: :mrgreen:
What worries me about tonight is that Mourinho will also be happy with a draw and will make it very difficult for us to score.
What, like the mighty Newport County did? :laugh: :laugh:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

redzonerocker wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:40 am
What worries me about tonight is that Mourinho will also be happy with a draw and will make it very difficult for us to score.
What, like the mighty Newport County did? :laugh: :laugh:
Yes, it was pretty painful to watch, and we could have done without the replay. How are Arsenal getting on in the FA Cup this year? :D
This is the way
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 am Yes, it was pretty painful to watch, and we could have done without the replay. How are Arsenal getting on in the FA Cup this year? :D
Not half as painful as our exit at Forest :oops: . . . . . as you well know! :cuss:

I'd like to say that we were fed up of winning it, but that would be a lie . . . and now we're in the much bigger and the far more prestigious Carabao cup final :D . . . . . yes another lie. :oops: . . . . :laugh:
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Henry 14th wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:46 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha Ha,he signed the new deal after I posted.
Who can blame him.....a reported 330k per week for a Europa League side.
Interesting to see how Aubemyang does.Chelsea have come out of it well getting Giroud.

Spuds v United....well,if you are a goal down after 11 seconds it makes it difficult but Spurs thoroughly deserved their win.
Interesting now with only 5 points covering 2nd - 5th.Whose going to miss out on Champions League football next season ?
A bit of a shocker for Chelsea.You can see why theyve signed Giroud.
At the bottom,Swanseas revival is incredible.Bad news for last seasons 3 promoted sides who are all struggling now.
But,overall,a very interesting season.....apart from the title of course !
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Zidane wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:18 am

Ha Ha,he signed the new deal after I posted.
Who can blame him.....a reported 330k per week for a Europa League side.
Says the club that have spent £1/2 billion on players, is nearly £1/2 billion in debt and are currently 15 points behind the leaders, who just happen to be their city rivals :lach:

Chelsea have come out of it well getting Giroud.

A bit of a shocker for Chelsea.You can see why theyve signed Giroud.
Are they gonna be playing him centre half then? :mrgreen:

He's ok off the bench and certain games to start and has scored some important goals, but he didn't merit a regular starting place with us and certainly won't with Chelsk. :tsk: