Recognised paedophile bar owner

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
sallyanne
Novice
Novice

Recognised paedophile bar owner

Post by sallyanne »

I've just returned from a 2 week holiday in hua hin had a very nice time but was shocked to see a restaurant/bar owner that I recognised from some time back. He was with a young Thai boy that could have been of an age between 16-19. This guy is well know as a convicted paedophile from the Brentwood Essex area he is still on the sex register I've checked. Does anybody have any thoughts on this.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: recognised

Post by handdrummer »

although I despise the situation he's come to the right country to exercise his tastes. Thailand is the sex capitol of the world, whatever you want you can have. you pays yer money and you takes yer cherce.
keepitfun
Amateur
Amateur

Post by keepitfun »

There are a number of countries that don't care where the offense is committed, they will chase you down. Not sure if UK is one of those.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

sallyanne wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:58 pm I've just returned from a 2 week holiday in hua hin had a very nice time but was shocked to see a restaurant/bar owner that I recognised from some time back. He was with a young Thai boy that could have been of an age between 16-19. This guy is well know as a convicted paedophile from the Brentwood Essex area he is still on the sex register I've checked. Does anybody have any thoughts on this.
The only thoughts I have is why have you not reported it to the UK police authorities - surely that is the right thing to do and the?y will take it from there?
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Re: RE: recognised

Post by Henry 14th »

sallyanne wrote:I've just returned from a 2 week holiday in hua hin had a very nice time but was shocked to see a restaurant/bar owner that I recognised from some time back. He was with a young Thai boy that could have been of an age between 16-19. This guy is well know as a convicted paedophile from the Brentwood Essex area he is still on the sex register I've checked. Does anybody have any thoughts on this.
Sent you a private message.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

sallyanne can't receive PMs yet.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

I thought those registries were shared betwen countries to keep undesireables out.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Screw the UK officials, why didn't you report it to the HH police..........

....UK officials issued pp and allowed him to leave, probably happy to be rid of him. Thailand's loss.

So much for background checks and why immigration should be much much tighter.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Recognised paedophile bar owner

Post by oakdale160 »

if yiu dont want to name the name, name the bar

[Admin comment: Thailand's tough slander laws do not permit 'naming and shaming' so please refrain.]
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I think it's only the most serious sex offenders that are prevented from travelling from the UK.

I think there's a real logistical issue here in being able to stop such people travelling. From my work experience, I've known people with arrest warrants outstanding to leave and re-enter the UK without difficulties, whereas there is a system in place to flag up such offenders to immigration.

And to be honest, even with the OP's report, we're not even sure any offence has been committed? 16-19 in Thailand could easily equate to 26-29 in Thailand.
Talk is cheap
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Reading a criminal law blog part of the requirements of registering on the sex offenders register is- whether he has any passports and, in relation to each passport he has, the details of the information recorded.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

sallyanne wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:58 pm I've just returned from a 2 week holiday in hua hin had a very nice time but was shocked to see a restaurant/bar owner that I recognised from some time back. He was with a young Thai boy that could have been of an age between 16-19. This guy is well know as a convicted paedophile from the Brentwood Essex area he is still on the sex register I've checked. Does anybody have any thoughts on this.
Are you suffering from jet lag?
It's not an offence in the U.K. to have a 16-19 years old 'companion'.

'a young Thai boy that could have been of an age between 16-19' - could be an old 20-30 Thai.

Would you be 'shocked' if he was with a 16-19 years old Thai girl?

Are you 'Old Bill' who find it impossible to switch off?
sallyanne
Novice
Novice

Post by sallyanne »

theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

Name and/or photo would be helpful! There are so many on this website.
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

and is he on this list?