Dual Citizenship

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
buksida

Post by buksida »

HansMartin wrote:Is a Thai ID adequate for this purpose?
Yes, however if you're not paying cash they will check her background, family land ownership and credit records. If you are paying cash you (the foreigner) will have to sign documentation to say it is not yours and you have no legal claim as explained in this thread:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/vi ... php?t=3630
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

[quote="STEVE G"][quote]In Germany Foreigners who are born in Germany and parents are Foreign can apply and are allowed to have for dual citizenship until your 23rd Birthday unitl then they give you the time to decide which nationality you want to belong to. [/quote]

I wouldn’t have thought it would take 23 years to decide you don’t want to be German![/quote]

STeve G many turkish young adults had chosen to be German for whatever reason I don't understand! Allthough I was born in GER I still have my Thai Passprt and ID and I'm proud of it!!!!

And to dane48 I can only agree :lach:
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

[quote="bj.blackowitz"][quote="The understudy"]Mr. HansMartin

Officially Thailand does not recognise dual citizenship but their has not been a control machanism for authorities to check or investigate if some one has another Citizenship other than Thai.
[/quote]

Not true
A Son of a Friend of Mine is Half Thai Half Austrian
they knew when he travelled in with his Austrian passport that he was also thai.[/quote]

If his physical appearance has some Thai Characteristics of course they knew he was Thai.
Same case with my friend in Germany!!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”