Finding a regular Thai girlfriend in Hua Hin?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Finding a regular Thai girlfriend in Hua Hin?

Post by Pleng »

Places, in no particular order, that I have met regular Thai girls and had a bit of a flirt (or sometimes more when I was single...):

Shopping Centres
Train stations
Beaches
On the back of a bike
At the market
Waiting for a bus
Serving in/running a restaurant
7/11s & Family Mart
Guest house communal areas
Working at a a guesthouse
On a bus/train
Standing still looking confused trying to read a map

I think that covers most of it... it really isn't difficult.

If you're wanting to find a 'regular' Thai girlfriend then they will expect you to show at least a little interest in learning the language. They will usually be more than happy to teach you some words and practice with you, and that always gives you something to fall back on if you run out of things to talk about.

Remember that you've chosen to meet a 'regular' girl so don't expect to be shagging her after a single date - that can and does happen but it's not guaranteed.
l112a6

Post by l112a6 »

It's easy to pick up a girl to spend some time with but I think it is more difficult to find a girl that you are happy to be your long-term girlfriend here.
Remember this is Thailand, who wants an average girl?
If she is going to be a girlfriend she'd have to be a bit special. Looks/Personality/attitude wise.

Most of the above mentioned places are chance meetings, but sure any guy can get lucky.
I can't say I've seen ANY GIRL out and about and thought 'I have to have her'
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

Someone wrote about carrying a local Map, make a point of looking confused and ask an attractive lady for help.
Might work in Market VIllage?

I agree with the poster who stated that he is more inventive and initiative-taking towards females outside his comfort zone when on holiday in LOS.
I have found the same with me. I once chatted up a Lady in Tesco Lotus HH as we were browsing the same rack of T shirts, She ended up inviting me to a bar in the evening, but my wife caught up with me (maybe just as well).

I'd say - just go for it and make social approaches you wouldn't normally do in your home country.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

If I had my time over again and was young and single ( current status, old and married!,) I would purchase myself a small white fluffy dog! The attraction of women of all ages who come up to me and want to pat and hold the dog when walking on the beach is to say the least quite amazing. It has to be the ultimate chic magnet!
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

Bluesky wrote:If I had my time over again and was young and single ( current status, old and married!,) I would purchase myself a small white fluffy dog! The attraction of women of all ages who come up to me and want to pat and hold the dog when walking on the beach is to say the least quite amazing. It has to be the ultimate chic magnet!
LOL - you've got it sorted..
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

Bluesky wrote:If I had my time over again and was young and single ( current status, old and married!,) I would purchase myself a small white fluffy dog! The attraction of women of all ages who come up to me and want to pat and hold the dog when walking on the beach is to say the least quite amazing. It has to be the ultimate chic magnet!
they probably just feel safe approaching you
,they realize no straight man is going to own a white fluffy dog

:duck:
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Excellent thought JJ. What a great opener for a young bloke to have a sweet young lady to convince him to change his orientation.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

I would hazard a guess that it is just the puppy getting all the attention.

I have a 9 month bay girl that has girls drooling all over her, I doubt very much that they are considering drooling over me.

Still, a puppy is probably a cheaper option if considering a novel way of bringing in possible conquests.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

For the newcomer coming to Thai. Initially until you have been here for a while for accommodation and companionship, Rent don't buy.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Do you want a proper g/ f or a bit of fun without the p4p scene?
Bamboo asked the pertinent question....How old are you?
Finding a 25 yr old is different from finding a 60 yr old
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!