Good car audio repair shop in HH?

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
JimmyD
Amateur
Amateur

Good car audio repair shop in HH?

Post by JimmyD »

Can anyone recommend a good car audio repair shop in Hua Hin? My car has what I hope is a minor problem with the driver's side front speaker. Since it will probably require removal of the door panel, I am not interested in taking the car to just any cheap car audio shop and would prefer a place that has someone who speaks English. I would rather pay more to get the job done right. Thanks.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Good car audio repair shop in HH?

Post by Dannie Boy »

Have you considered trying the local car dealer for whatever make of car you have?
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

These gentlemen right on the corner of soi 60 have done several jobs for me. Always with good results and a decent price:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.58256 ... !1e1?hl=en
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Farang wrote:These gentlemen right on the corner of soi 60 have done several jobs for me. Always with good results and a decent price:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.58256 ... !1e1?hl=en

yep,can only agree with you

:cheers: :cheers:
JimmyD
Amateur
Amateur

Post by JimmyD »

Thank you for the recommendation and detailed photo. I'll try stopping by the shop on soi 60 later this week. I always hesitate to go to a dealership for repairs since they are primarily in the business of selling cars.
JimmyD
Amateur
Amateur

Post by JimmyD »

Ok... for what it's worth I stopped by the recommended car audio shop on the corner of Petchkasem Road and soi 60. They checked the symptoms and said that I needed a new stereo (which would need to be ordered) and upgraded speakers (to handle the increased output of the new system). Total cost 25000B, including 4 hour installation.

So I then stopped by the local dealership (in this case Mazda near soi 6) and made an appointment, which I just returned from this morning. In less than an hour they diagnosed the problem as a speaker cable connection (which they fixed) and need to replace the tweeter speakers (2) in the front door panels (which they did not have in stock). Total cost... no charge. So I gave them a 1000B tip and they referred me to an audio shop which they said should charge about 300B per speaker.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

It appears the,,, well,, the gentlemen at 60th tried to make a quick one.

Once you have the new tweeters installed, please tell rest of us where, so we can support those delivering good service and decent pricing.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

JimmyD, can you share where the audio shop is please ?

I need to buy a car DVD/CD/MP3 player, preferably with GPS and USB port and a tracker if available. I will try the shop on Soi 60 but if they are quoting 25k I will buy from Lazada and ask the audio shop to fit it. I've not checked the spec fully but they had a couple for around 7k on Lazada. Thanks.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
zingerhk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by zingerhk »

They quoted me 12.5k for my new car stereo. Went to shop in Bangkok. Less than 7K. You decide!!! I never go back to this Hua Hin Shop!!! Rip Off Farangs!!!

Check http://www.klongthom2.com/DVD-1Din-2Din and compare, and you will see how bad they are.

This shop is better, but almost all Bangkok shops (except the one on Rama 4 who also tries to rip off Farang) are better.

http://www.ponecaraudio.com
Last edited by zingerhk on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I haven't been to the shop yet, waiting until after the weekend, but it does like like buying one myself then having it fitted somewhere is the cheapest option by a long way.

Did JS Sound fit it also zinger ? I don't want to drive my car to Bkk, I want it fitted here. I fitted many basic stereos in my youth but not sure about a double din with screen and possibly GPS etc.

Man in pub circa 1987.
zingerhk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by zingerhk »

Pagey wrote:I haven't been to the shop yet, waiting until after the weekend, but it does like like buying one myself then having it fitted somewhere is the cheapest option by a long way.

Did JS Sound fit it also zinger ? I don't want to drive my car to Bkk, I want it fitted here. I fitted many basic stereos in my youth but not sure about a double din with screen and possibly GPS etc.
JS included install in the price.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I went to the shop on Soi 60 corner yesterday. A nice Kenwood with GPS was quoted at 29,000, which she reduced to 28,000 as I was walking away as I only went for a look to see what was on offer. I googled the model (DNX4150BT) and it was available in Bkk for 22,000. All prices include fitting.

I'm going to take a leisurely drive South today and probably stay overnight at Bang Saphan, anyone know if there are any audio shops out that way I can look at while I'm out that way ?

Man in pub circa 1987.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Pagey wrote:I'm going to take a leisurely drive South today and probably stay overnight at Bang Saphan, anyone know if there are any audio shops out that way I can look at while I'm out that way ?
There's one in Pran Buri I've used a few times. Always found it to be good.
Go across the main Pran Buri traffic light intersection (i.e. the one after Tesco Lotus) heading south.
Just after the traffic lights, turn left onto the frontage road. Go almost to the end before it rejoins the dual carriageway and the shop is on the left.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Cheers Barry, I will have a look on my way.

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Anyone looking for a car stereo/dash cam/fitting of stereo etc I can recommend this place in Pranburi, I presume it is the one Barrys was talking about but when I went last year there was a lot of roadworks in that area and I got a bit lost.

Anyway he fitted a double din stereo with a GPS attachment that I had bought prevously. Soldered joints on all 4 speakers, soldered power cable, created a new earth, fashioned a new fixing bracket out of thin angle iron, fitted a new black surround that covered the small gaps around the unit and another couple of bits. I was there a couple of hours as the unit had a few problems connected to the GPS. Price 500 Baht and a very nice friendly chap.

It's called Pshop stereos and is pretty much where Barry described above but his sign is small and difficult to see whilst driving. Take the slip road after the lights and its before the Pransiri Hotel. Across the road there are two high signs easily visible, one for Yamaha garage and one for Mitsubushi garage, its approximately in the middle of those two.

Man in pub circa 1987.