Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
PeteC

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by PeteC »

The storm front is just now reaching Rayong/Sattahip with light but ever increasing rain over the last hour. I would think it would be after midnight at earliest before it made its way across the gulf to HH. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Weather Warning
"Tropical storm in the South China Sea"
No. 11 Time Issued : September 15, 2015

At 04.00 p.m. (15 September 2015), tropical depression “VAMCO” downgraded to a low pressure cell over Nakhon Ratchasima and Buri Ram. It is expected move to the Central. Widespread rain and isolated heavy to very heavy rain remains over the lower Northeast, the Central and the East. People in the areas should beware of heavy rain and accumulate rainfall. The provinces include Ubon Ratchathani, Si Sa Ket, Surin, Buri Ram, Nakhon Ratchasima, Chaiyaphum, Kamphaeng Phet, Phichit, Chai Nat, Nakhon Sawan, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chacheongsao, Chanthaburi and Trat. The stron wind waves are expected 2-3 meters high in the Gulf of Thailand and the upper Andaman Sea. All ship should proceed with caution during 15-18 September.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Tracking Tropical Low "VAMCO" September 16, 2015 at 12:18AM (Nong Kham Radar)
Attachments
bkkradar.jpg
bkkradar.jpg (86.86 KiB) Viewed 754 times
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

current sat showing heavy rain moving southeast across gulf towards HH .
Attachments
wx1.jpg
wx1.jpg (14.13 KiB) Viewed 631 times
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Storm Vamco hits Pattaya VIDEO of Flooding

Post by JamesWest »

video from this evening:

JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

i wish you had left this as a seperate thread. i had way more to add...

this is not HH weather...
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Thailand Flooding

Post by JamesWest »

JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: Thailand Flooding

Post by JamesWest »

pattaya
Attachments
flood.jpg
flood.jpg (57.53 KiB) Viewed 634 times
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

One has to hope that everyone in Pattaya heeded the message from on high and were out digging ponds before the rains came.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/environ ... che-basins
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Last major storm? Only storm, and its been no more than a rainy for us in Hua Hin.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

what do you think will happen when she switches the microwave on?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Last night and as we speak has by far been the worst of this storm. From Chonburi to Rayong is underwater and Sukhumvit is impassable in many areas. They're talking 100M+ throughout the day in the area I live so I expect you'll see some good additional video coming out of places. WET is an understatement! :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Flood photos at link.

Pattaya tourists stranded as boats stay ashore

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... tay-ashore
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Hua Hin and vicinity has made the Warning list now. In Rayong it continues nonstop. Forget 100mm....6-8 inches by evening is more realistic if this keeps up. Pete

Weather Warning
Tropical Storm in South China Sea
No. 18 Time Issued September 17, 2015
At 10.00 a.m. (17 September 2015), the low pressure cell still covers the Central and the East while the strong southwest monsoon prevails across the Andaman Sea, the South and the Gulf of Thailand. Widespread rain, as well as isolated heavy to very heavy rain, remains over the Central, the East and the South. People should beware of the severe weather conditions. The provinces include Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi, Trat, Bangkok Metropolis and Vicinity, Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Ranong, Phangnga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang and Satun. The strong wind waves are expected 2-3 meters high in the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Weather bureau forecasts heavy to heaviest rains to continue for a few days

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/weathe ... a-few-days