More bad new from Thai Immigration Office

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
silverbird

More bad new from Thai Immigration Office

Post by silverbird »

The Thai immigration will as per October 1st. no longer issue the 3 million baht investment visas. This includes bank investments, condominium investments and bond investments.

Also - old 3M investment visas will not be renewed.

The above info was posted on another sight by a reliable source and stated an official statement from the Thai immigration is expected this week.
hogus
Professional
Professional

Post by hogus »

If this becomes true, I just can thank God that I never bought anything in Thailand!
My bank will be surprised perhaps; if I start to transfer my money out of Thailand so long this is possible to do.
May be our TRT friends in Bangkok getting the idea someday to forbid international money-transfers for foreigners, too, so that the weak economy isn't damaged too much, if everybody leaves.
I guess to sale a Condo could be more difficult, than to save your money by bank-transfers.

Hope it’s a false alarm, or it seems to be really time to start looking for a new "Darling" and a new life in one of the neighbor-countries?
silverbird

Post by silverbird »

The Thai Immigration is likely to have a new investment visa where the minimum is raised from 3M to 7M according to an unofficial meeting the Pattaya Expat Club had today with Jomtien Immigration Office.
hogus
Professional
Professional

Post by hogus »

hmmm....7 M Baht???
Are they really believing, that someone is crazy enough to invest such a sum, after finding out, that this foolish the former 3-M-Baht investors already???
What's coming next to bullshit the 7-M-Baht investors, too???
A 15 Mio Baht investment-offer????

It looks like someone first spoke and not yet thought...or just living in a dream world...with other words, nothing new in sweet TH!
:cuss:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Everyone shift over to this thread. Pete

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/vi ... highlight=
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

[quote="hogus"]hmmm....7 M Baht???
Are they really believing, that someone is crazy enough to invest such a sum
[quote]

I agree with you.
A person would have to be a complete fool to invest 3 million baht in Thailand, get real.
pookie

Post by pookie »

A person would have to be a complete fool to invest 3 million baht in Thailand, get real.
I guess the old gambling adage fits in well here........ "only gamble what you can afford to lose"
To some people, 3,000,000, 7,000,000 or however much, is their life savings, but to others its just chump change
As long as people use this, then all they will have is a nasty taste in their mouth, and can walk away, and get on with their lives....no matter how much they might lose

Pookie
The views expressed here are my own.......and bloody good they are too !!!! :)