Changes to British Embassy consular proceedures

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
lomuamart

Changes to British Embassy consular proceedures

Post by lomuamart »

As of March 23 2015, you will need to make an appointment to visit the consular section. No more just turning up on spec.
Further information here: https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... in-bangkok
sticks

Re: Changes to British Embassy consular proceedures

Post by sticks »

does this include getting the letter for the new passport for immigration
sticks
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

sticks wrote:does this include getting the letter for the new passport for immigration
sticks
did you open and read the link above - I just did and it reads that for documentary issues you need to make an appointment and I assume that this covers the letter for the new passport.
sticks

Post by sticks »

I open the link and couldn't find any thing about the letter, I sent a email to the British embassy and they replied there is no need to make a appointment for the letter to transfer the visa from old to new passport its a standard letter and free of charge turn up between 8-11AM if you have a problem with security at the gate show them this email.

sticks
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

sticks wrote:I open the link and couldn't find any thing about the letter, I sent a email to the British embassy and they replied there is no need to make a appointment for the letter to transfer the visa from old to new passport its a standard letter and free of charge turn up between 8-11AM if you have a problem with security at the gate show them this email.

sticks
That's good to know, thanks for finding out.