Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:The sky is grey and I can hear some ominous rumbles in the distance.
Yes it's been like that for the past hour, but no rain as yet.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Big Boy wrote:The sky is grey and I can hear some ominous rumbles in the distance.

Sorry, no rain today, maybe tomorrow !!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I can hear some ominous rumbles in the distance.
Sorry Big Boy, that's probably me. I'm very gassy this morning! :oops:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

PET wrote:

Sorry, no rain today, maybe tomorrow !!
Well we've got some :neener:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

We'll see how accurate I guess but forecasts are showing 19-25mm per day for 4-5 straight days starting Sunday for Hua Hin and for me in Rayong. I assume the entire Bangkok area is included.

Of course me saying this will now result in zero rain. :shock: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

prcscct wrote:We'll see how accurate I guess but forecasts are showing 19-25mm per day for 4-5 straight days starting Sunday for Hua Hin and for me in Rayong. I assume the entire Bangkok area is included.

Of course me saying this will now result in zero rain. :shock: Pete :cheers:
I've become a complete pessimist with the forecasts - over the past few weeks it has been forecast to rain most days, but with a very few exceptions there has been little/no rain at all. We have thunder at the moment but no rain!!
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Huge thunderstorm out at Springfield about mid day. Not sure if it will hit Hua Hin though.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Storm warning for 20 provinces
Twenty provinces should brace for possible flash floods and mudslides Oct 4-7, Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department chief Chatchai Promlert warned Thursday.

Mr Chatchai said there will be widespread rain and isolated heavy storms in some areas in the in the central, eastern and southern areas of the country due to both a monsoon covering the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand, and low pressure over the central region, East and South.

Provinces under warning are Phetchaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan in the Central; Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat in the East; and Ranong,Phangnga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat and Satun in the South.

Disaster prevention offices in the three regions have been put on alert around the clock. They have been told to put rapid mobile units with necessary equipment on standby to help disaster victims, particularly mountain slopes and low-lying areas, Mr Chatchai said.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/social/ ... -provinces
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Don't top up your pool Dannie..... :D
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Time to pray to the rain gods that it holds off in the Prachuap area until at least 19:30 on 4 Oct 14/57.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yeah, I guess mudball is a distinct possibility.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

prcscct wrote:Don't top up your pool Dannie..... :D
Pete, I was actually looking at the pool earlier and thinking it was 1-2 cm below normal level and could do with a top up, but by the sound of it, by this time next week it will need baling out!! Thanks for the warning :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I don't know if part of what Buks posted, but we've been under a deluge over here in Rayong since about 1730 hours....letting up now. Perhaps a frontrunner of the next week to come.

I really hope so as nature is suffering over here for lack of water, and I would hate to go into the dry season with so little reserves. Pete :cheers:
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

The Meteorological Department warned residents of Chanthaburi, Trat, Ranong, Phuket Krabi to brace themselves for heavy downpours from Sunday to Tuesday.

In its daily forecast, the department said the heavy rains would be unleashed by a high pressure ride over China that has extended to Las and Vietnam.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakin ... 44789.html
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Still no sign of rain over here - I think for the last week or more the Accuweather website have forecast rain/thunderstorms 3/4/5 times a day but unless I've missed any, there hasn't been a single drop of rain.........I'm hoping that this will be enough to open the taps today/tomorrow!!