In trouble - again

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: In trouble - again

Post by migrant »

The wife does the wash a couple days a week, more if we go somewhere, and just grabs everything I have laying around.

In my single dad days my son would wear something for 20 minutes and toss in the wash. I taught him how to do laundry quickly.

Actually, other than ironing, washing was pretty easy. Toss it in, move to dryer, remove and fold while having a drink, no problem!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
jeriatric
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeriatric »

Got my washing done by my girlfriend who was offended I attempted to wash myself:no charge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I think that my solution is twofold:
1. Buy a washing machine.
2, Put The Clash on!!!
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I could just imagine an Armadillo Scurrying across you back yard.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

I had worn a smart silk shirt, then put it in washing basket for the maids to wash.

I then decided I needed to wear it the next day for a function, so hooked it out of the basket and proceeded to hand wash it myself, instead of putting in machine or getting the maids to do it.
First maid saw me and ran off crying, that started the other maid off!

Wife came down when she heard all the fuss and spoke to the maids.

It seems that they were worried for their jobs, if I was starting to wash my own cloths what next, cooking my own food or cleaning out the fish ponds?

The wife came over, wagging her finger at me and telling me in both Thai and English, so the maids could understand, "in future, you never wash your own cloths".

WIN WIN. :D
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

"in future, you never wash your own cloths".
Quite right, it's illegal:

Prohibited types of work in Thailand

The Alien Business Law (N.E.C. Announcement 281). Business activities falling in categories A & B are generally closed to foreigners.

Category B....4. Service Industry:....., laundering,....
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Two maids, silk shirts... now I know what the don part of Khundon1975 is... you are really Donald Trump in disguise, correct? :P :wink:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

hhfarang

Nothing quite so grand.
We started out with just the one maid who did not live in, but as we tended to spend a lot of time in either BKK, Nakon Sawon or abroad, she used to live at the house when we were away.

The wife thought it would be better to have 2 maids to keep each other company, hence maid number two. The wife was paying, so I didn't mind. :D
That was back in 1999, so we were paying around 16k a month for house sitters!!!
They stayed with us for years and still work for the family at the house in Hua Hin.

As for the silk shirts, well, I had some handmade shirts in England that I liked, so when we were ever in BKK, I would go to China town and buy loads of silk of different colors and take them to an old lady on Naeb Kehart road, who had a little shop selling ice cream but out the back she had a little business with her husband making cloths.
She would copy the style and fit exactly and her work was so good, she ended up making all my cloths. She was in her late 70's then and long gone now, but the cloths she made for me are still perfect.
As for being Donald Trump, no, I would be richer than him, cause I would have a paper round on the side, tax free. :laugh:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

During the d day celebrations, one old soldier who landed in the first wave said that he never undressed or changed any item of clothing for 4 weeks.