Cricket - England v Sri Lanka test series

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Cricket - England v Sri Lanka test series

Post by dtaai-maai »

First test at Lord's starts today (5 pm), with a few new faces in the England line up. There is ground to be made up after the thrashing in Australia.
This is the way
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Re: Cricket - England v Sri Lanka test series

Post by MrPlum »

Yes. England's batting was devastatingly taken apart by the Aussies. Wonder if the Sri Lankans have taken note? Or will English conditions protect us from admitting we aren't good enough and probably even worse off after dumping Pieterson.
Watchglobal
Novice
Novice

Post by Watchglobal »

Just to let you know. Tons of cricket you can watch on your telly on the Watchglobal TV set-top box. Cricket from Sky Sports, OSN, Sportsnet World and ITV 4 is all received on the box. Click the ad at the top of the page for info.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Well dare I say it. A promising start, and for me a refreshing relief from the over-hyped football WC.

As a true Tyke I'm rooting for Root and Balance but so glad Prior is showing form and Moeen showing us what he's got. Bell IMO is the stabilising anchor man but what do I know. I'm from GB Rhubarb country :D

Fingers crossed this could be a re-awakening. Problem though is it is never really player/talent that is the issue. It's fuc*ed up management/selectors from the top down in any sport
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Well it's looking good and the weather seems fine. Had a text from a friend who's there today to say it's good old fashioned test cricket and entertaining. Perhaps in my upcoming trip home I'll sneak a trip to see a test. First time for many years
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.