Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by richard »

It's the coldest I've known since being here. Of course if you are well blubbered as most visitors to the condo are, it's hot. It's times like these when I wish I was over weight.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

It is the "coolest" I can remember too (in ten years) in Hua Hin but of course I love it. I actually haven't had to use air conditioning (except when I exercise) for a while and lately I've even turned the fan that blows directly on my side of the bed at night from high to medium! I got the lowest electric bill I've ever had here this month. That's why I had to change my location in the side panel! :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

In Bangkok at least, it is the wind that is the problem. Today there is very little wind and to me it is no where near as cold as yesterday and a few days before. Also, I have never had so much dust show up so quickly. This place is always dirty and dusty, but the last week or so I swear some of the dust has Chinese writing on it!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

It sounds like I missed a nice cool spell, and likely when I get there in March the place will be roasting again. Any pictures or videos of the Thais walking around all dressed in coats etc, during this cool weather? I only experienced cold weather in San Kamphaeng near Chang Mai in Dec about 1997
got to -4c in the hills 3 nights in a row. Very hard on the people who lived there.
Stargeezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Death toll mounts as cold spell continues

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... s-63-lives
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Stargeezer wrote:It sounds like I missed a nice cool spell, and likely when I get there in March the place will be roasting again. Any pictures or videos of the Thais walking around all dressed in coats etc, during this cool weather? I only experienced cold weather in San Kamphaeng near Chang Mai in Dec about 1997
got to -4c in the hills 3 nights in a row. Very hard on the people who lived there.
Stargeezer
No photos, but I was at Mr Burger 3 last night and all of the waiting staff were wearing coats. There were a few Farangs also dressed in more than T-shirt and shorts.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I'm guessing that last night reached the lowest temperature in Hua Hin in the ten years I've been here. I had to get up in the middle of the night and turn that fan off. :shock:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

With the wind having disappeared, it's starting to warm up again.
Went by the met centre 30 mins ago and the digital readout was showing 28.6
You might need that fan again soon, HHF!!
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Still pretty windy here on the north side of town. Normally I turn the air con on before going to hang my clothes out on the balcony to dry, so I'll be nice and cool when I get back (gets pretty warm out there), but today I turned the air con off before going to hang the clothes so I could warm up when I got back in :)
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Anyone know where you can buy hot water bottles?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

richard wrote:Anyone know where you can buy hot water bottles?
Could be just the opening for an entrepreneur?
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

I'm arriving to HH next week and starting to get a little scared... :shock: What temperatures do you have in the day and in the night? Do I need to bring my polar bear skin coat? :D
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Ralfredo wrote:I'm arriving to HH next week and starting to get a little scared... :shock: What temperatures do you have in the day and in the night? Do I need to bring my polar bear skin coat? :D
No bearskin necessary. In the sun the temps are ok but the wind can be a little chilly. For evenings, Have a light sweater or light jacket and you should be fine. By the time you arrive we could be back in the 30s.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Did someone say it was going to get warmer? I don't think so. :shock:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 25129.html
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Ralfredo wrote:I'm arriving to HH next week and starting to get a little scared... :shock: What temperatures do you have in the day and in the night? Do I need to bring my polar bear skin coat? :D
Daytime highs in the mid 80'sF (29c) and nighttime lows in the mid 60sF (18c)... perfect (unless you're on a motorbike).