Hua Hin's back roads

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin's back roads

Post by HHTel »

There are still a lot of drains that are not covered at the 94 end. I guess they are waiting for the grates to be delivered. Otherwise, it's finished.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

It's not finished for 20 or 30 meters on the north end and the work just stopped a couple of weeks ago. I don't see it opening any time soon.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin traffic chaos as thousands flock to HM's birthda

Post by oakdale160 »

They have done some work on the 94 to102 back roads, but the more westerly one is still horrible for a car.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

hhfarang wrote:It's not finished for 20 or 30 meters on the north end and the work just stopped a couple of weeks ago. I don't see it opening any time soon.
I see we were talking about two different stretches of road now. You were referencing the one along the canal and railroad. I was talking about the one from Soi 88 extension to west 94 toward Khun Oy's restaurant. That one was 70% completed about a month ago and then they just stopped work.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I think they pretty much put all projects on hold for the recent frantic re-tarmacing of Petchkasem Road that's been going on recently.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Back rods smoothed some, almost back to where they were pre-flood. Very little traffic in south part ofHH today
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

Does anyone know when the dual carriageway on the Klong Road is likely to open if ever?
It doesn't seem to be moving very quickly.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

The 12th sang Mr Mathis.
no more dePreston
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

poosmate wrote:The 12th sang Mr Mathis.
Is NEVER an actual Thai month? :cheers:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

They have started work on the back road connecting, 94 with102, putting drains in. But the word is that it will be done in stages and will not be finished this year.
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

Thursday lunchtime there was a survey team at the bottom end of 88, nearby the Honda showroom, working up the soi. May take some time - but expect the diggers! If the mess on 94 is anything to go by, it won't be a pleasant experience for those that need to use the road.
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The surfacing of the back road connecting 94 to 102 is progressing. This is the one that starts near Lucianos/Korat kitchen and goes to 102 near Sinatras/Squealing pig/Bobbies. The BIG drain has been installed and covered and they are pouring the curbs. Looks like it may be ready in a month, but then TIT. NOT suitable for cars at the moment, central drainage ports down the middle of the road, OK for bikes.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

They have been pouring concrete for 2 days on the 94 to102 connecting road, at least 80% completed.
This comes out onto 102 a few hundred MTS west of the Squealing pig/BOBBIES/Sinatra building.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Anyone have an update on the condition of the construction on west 94 (past 88 extension and beside Oy restaurant). I tried to go that way last week and it looked like motorbikes only.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Still the same, seems to be very little action on there. Completion could be a while!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk