F.A. Cup 2013-14

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Re: F.A. Cup 2013-14

Post by Zidane »

Thai TV Channel 7 are showing 3 live matches this weekend.
Tonight,Arsenal v Spurs
Tomorrow,Derby v Chelsea and Manchester United v Swansea

There will also be delayed live coverage on Channel 7 of Macclesfield v Sheffield Wednesday (02.30am Sunday Thai) and Notts Forest v West Ham (01.30am Monday Thai).Both these matches will be screened live on Bugaboo TV,though.

Good luck to my local team,Macclesfield from the Conference......maybe even Baa Baa will be in the crowd ?

Always nice to see a giant killing in the cup so the best of luck to the smaller clubs in the featured games Macc,Forest,Derby and Manchester United :rasta:
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Personally, I hope to see the Green Army beaten (not humiliated) without picking up any bookings, injuries or sending off. I seem to remember them having 4 sent off against Port Vale a few years ago.

We're having our best season for years (still not good), and we don't need any unnecessary distractions.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Best first 15 minutes of a game I've watched this season...

Both teams could have had 2 in (each) already (Erikson should have bloody scored his!).

Nice to see two teams treating an FA cup game as it should be treated.

Have a Vindaloo from the Indian restaurant by my side to boot! :D

COYS

:cheers:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Arsenal deserve the lead for sure. They took control of the game from 20 minutes in. Nice finish for the goal.

All is not lost though. We have a fine experienced manager in Sherwood who will give the team a good telling off in the dressing room. :D

A good game anyhow....

:cheers:
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Good match, could have gone either way, particularly had Ade not slipped. Then it was the England Rose's awful mistake and the game was over. Entertaining match, anyway. The headlines tomorrow will no doubtly be on Theo smiling to the Spurs fans but if that's a bad thing, then we are going the wrong way, I don't think the Spuds were actually saying to him how sorry they were that he got injured. A smile and a sign of 2-0, can't see anything bad there. After the match commentator Roy Keane said about this: "He´s just giving the score to the Tottenham fans. These Tottenham fans what idiots." Now, to be honest, I’ve never liked Roy Keane, not me, but at least this is the first time he's made me chuckle.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Any football 'fans' who cheer and clap when an opposing team's player gets injured ARE idiots...

...except when that particular player is Joey Barton. :P
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

I suppose we are allowed a little gloat. That bloke Soldado, was he bought as a striker? I would ask for my money back or sue for contravention of the Trades Description Act.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

On the Walcott in front of the Tottenham fans:
As he was stretchered off he reminded them of the scoreline so they responded in typical fashion by pelting him with coins. Let’s face it, on the evidence of this summer, throwing away money seems to come naturally to them.
:lach: :lach: :lach:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Based on the 'Appy 'Ammers 'Appless performance, still ongoing v Forest, in which they have been truly woeful, and where they are currently 4-0 down and it could be a lot worse, I suspect this might be Big Sam's swansong as manager.
Talk is cheap
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Come on feel the Moyes! :lach:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:Personally, I hope to see the Green Army beaten (not humiliated) without picking up any bookings, injuries or sending off. I seem to remember them having 4 sent off against Port Vale a few years ago.

We're having our best season for years (still not good), and we don't need any unnecessary distractions.
Probably the worst result you were hoping for with a draw, but look on the bright side - only one booking :mrgreen:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:look on the bright side - only one booking :mrgreen:
We haven't heard about injuries yet :cry:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

This is the way to have a great day out enjoying footie. All credit to these Coventry fans who are really having great time despite their team being 2-0 down at half time at the Emirates.

Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Ha ha, Excellent stuff
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Bamboo Grove wrote:This is the way to have a great day out enjoying footie. All credit to these Coventry fans who are really having great time despite their team being 2-0 down at half time at the Emirates.
You're not fooling anyone, BG - we know you filmed that at the beer festival in Finland...
This is the way