Whats up with the breakfast scene here? Any suggestions?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
buksida

Re: Whats up with the breakfast scene here? Any suggestions?

Post by buksida »

buksida wrote: Morning Bread - halfway down Soi 94, before the railway, similarly priced breakfast sets.
Next to S&S.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

hhfarang wrote:
... my wife and I are regulars at Morning Bread soi 94... FYI they have eggs Benedict...
Where exactly is morning bread on Soi 94? I've never noticed it. I love eggs Benedict and have been looking for a place that will serve them for lunch as I rarely go out for breakfast. Are they open for lunch and serving from their breakfast menu?

Thanks!
Between S&S Indian and Pizza 94..

They close at 15.00
max51

Post by max51 »

I had Eggs Benedict in Pattaya at a couple of places, but the poached eggs were on squares of toast rather than on muffins. I hope the Hua Hin places do them on muffins, the correct way.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

bapak wrote:Between S&S Indian and Pizza 94..

They close at 15.00
Not today - they didn't even open :cry:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Post by HHCanuck »

Dr Mike wrote:I am Canadian but have no memory of Humpty's, Do they have them in Ontario? I do like Tim Horton's for breakfast.
They are a Western Canada franchise. The menu is on their website.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Went to Zab Wer for a full english with the old man yesterday. Very good at a fair price (145). I changed my coffee for a cold mocha and they added no extra which isn't normal. Will certainly go again during me few days here.
:cheers:
malct
Rookie
Rookie

Post by malct »

Lins Cafe

I stayed in Thailand for 35 nights from march to april, staying in Hua-hin for the first 3 nights, what can i say about the breakfast, It was the best one in over a month of travelling. get to read the morning paper, relax, watch the world go by, always plenty of people there, My only issue was , i called there for my evening meal at 9pm and it was shut!!! I should have read the opening times, but food, just great.
Rone

Post by Rone »

Agree in general the breakfasts in Lynns are very good but we stopped going there because the bread they use for toast and bacon sandwiches etc is very sweet and definately detracts from the taste of the food. Never found the same tasting bread anywhere else and we migrated to Kims Kitchen for our fry ups.
Artilery
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Artilery »

We will be staying Phetch Kasem 68 / 70 - a bit north of the clock tower.
Any good ENGLISH breakfast places nearby? Ideally a local place which does bacon, properly cooked sunnyside eggs , chunky toast and marmalade, juice and a decent cup of tea (for me) / coffee (for the boss).
Looking through this post most breakfast places seem to be towards the southern end of town.
Thanks, Art
This life is not a rehearsal for the real thing
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

El Murphys is an option.good bacon, sausage, black pudding etc
One item, I have rarely found good marmalade outside the UK. Even if you buy UK Dundee marmalade outside the UK, it is basically orange jam.
Artilery
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Artilery »

Thanks for the suggestion. not far from us and on the way to the beach :D
I did a quick trawl on Google and found breakfasts are only ThB 99 (as at Nov13). Good price!

I walked past it a few times in the evenings last time we were in HH and I was put off by the name - Mexican Irish sounded like a recipe for disaster, but from the reviews looks as if I was wrong.

Thanks, Art
This life is not a rehearsal for the real thing
franckoffrance
Novice
Novice

Post by franckoffrance »

The Baguette. Is nice. On the weekends just to many people and not relaxing.[/quote]

I been there yesterday (03/01/2014)and honestly it's not so nice beside of the bread. Egg white uncook on the top, sausage cold...
Please i truly love a full english breakfast with beans and real sausage any good address ?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Depends where you are located.

Lyns on Petchakasem near soi 80 is good as is the place nearly next to it. Also a good place (forget name) at the bottom of soi 84
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

richard wrote:Depends where you are located.

Lyns on Petchakasem near soi 80 is good as is the place nearly next to it. Also a good place (forget name) at the bottom of soi 84

you may mean Nalidas which is at the bottom of soi 80 about 3 shops away from lynns, having eaten in both Nalidas wins hands down
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

blue05 wrote:
richard wrote:Depends where you are located.

S

you may mean Nalidas which is at the bottom of soi 80 about 3 shops away from lynns, having eaten in both Nalidas wins hands down
She certainly kick starts my ticker in those dresses of a morning :wink:
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!