Thai Bank Debit Cards for overseas online purchases.

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Thai Bank Debit Cards for overseas online purchases.

Post by bapak »

My wife and some of our staff say that they cannot use Thai Bank Debit Cards for overseas online purchases. Yet their banks says they can. Anyone experiencing this problem? If you can, can you mention your bank's name?
buksida

Re: Thai Bank Debit Cards for overseas online purchases.

Post by buksida »

I have a Kasikorn "Web Card" which acts as a credit card but is in fact a debit card. Works fine overseas online purchases.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

kbank is fine use it all the time
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

If it's the ATM card the banks issue..NO, it cannot be used as a debit card for overseas or online purchases.

Like the above poster I have a K Bank Web card and recently used it to purchase airline tickets in Abu Dhabi
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Bomber
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bomber »

Can you use the card for local debit purchases? I recently acquired a visa debit card from Bangkok bank which would not work for any visa debit purchases and worked only as an ATM card. What I didn't realize was that you had to register the card as a debit card before you could use it or purchases. Once I did this I had no problems using the card both locally or overseas.

Security is a big issue these days and you need to go though a number of hoops to do anything with a card be it a debit or credit card

:cheers:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

If the ATM card has the Visa symbol it can be used locally as a debit card, however I would advise against this due to the increased risk of fraud. You are never very far away from an ATM.

With K Bank I get an SMS on my mobile every time my card is used.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

I anted to buy something on Ebay/US and have it sent to my daughters house in the US, they would ONLY send items to the same address that was registered for the card.