Premier League 2013-2014

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: Premier League 2013-2014

Post by BaaBaa. »

Zidane wrote:Chelsea trying to hijack Spurs move for Willian by entering the race to sign him even though the player has undergone a medical at Spurs......Chelsea hope to entice him by offering Champions League football this season. (BBC Sport) :o
Looks like they've got him.

Has Juan Mata been shagging Joses missus or something?

He's one of, if not the best playmakers in world Football and everything points to Mourinho not wanting him.

Bizarre move from Chelsea in my opinion, Will.I.Am plays in Hazards or Mata's position and they've got an abundance of those sort of players anyway with Oscar and De Bruyne as well.

I suppose if you've got it, flaunt it.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Disclaimer: Apart from Coutinho, obviously. 8)
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I think its the Russian connection.......plus, Chelsea or Spuds, West or North London, Cobham or Cheshunt, Surrey or Essex and so on.

According to Rodgers, he said no to Liverpool for 'non-footballing reasons' - that could be a thread in its own right!

Mourinho has already said Mata isn't leaving.
Talk is cheap
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

The Russian connection sounds about right, plus obviously Champions League Football and a bigger chance of winning things.

Can't say I've seen that Rodgers quote and I've seen his most recent press conference. By all accounts, if we'd payed the price he'd have come, it's just that we set a value and that's it.

Is London really that big a pull really in your opinion? You can get a nice gaff anywhere.

And before anybody starts with the Liverpool cliché crime nonsense, it's below London, Manchester and Birmingham in real life statistics.

Shame as he's not a game changer for Chelsea, he could've been for Liverpool or Spurs.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

Liverpool, Spurs or chelsea? 1 club in champions league and pay the best wages, no brainer surely
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

The question is not so much why Willian would choose Chelsea, but why Chelsea would want Willian. There are going to be some very under-used and probably quite pissed off attacking midfielders at Stamford Bridge by the end of the season.

Still, if we had 30 million to spend on Willian, it means we still have it to spend on someone else. And now we have yet another reason to dislike Chelski! :laugh:
This is the way
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

caller seems such a decent fellow and its a shame he is associated with such an appalling club as Chelsea ! :wink:
I do hope that after this shameful Will.I.Am episode you Spuds fans will be cheering on United against Chelski on Monday night.....maybe thats expecting too much from Jimmy,though ? :rasta:
Mourinho is a shrewd operator.....maybe now he thinks he can offer Mata plus cash for Rooney......dont believe all this "I want him to stay"mallarkay......if I was Moyes I would bite Chelseas hand off if this deal was offered ! :cheers:
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

blue05 wrote:Liverpool, Spurs or chelsea? 1 club in Champions league and pay the best wages, no brainer surely
More chance of first team Football, in a World Cup year, that's in your home country?

This kids got about 2 caps at 25 in what is a pretty poor Brazil side.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Zidane wrote:Mourinho is a shrewd operator.....maybe now he thinks he can offer Mata plus cash for Rooney......
It wouldn't be all that shrewd considering Mata is the much better player and about 4 years younger. It's the wobbly headed Russians plaything so it's pointless taking wages into account.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Why are you all assuming its Mata v Willian? That's not my take on it.

As for pissed off players, Mourinho has stated quite openly his ideal squad size is 22. Those that aren't let go / loaned (Moses, Ba etc), will all be involved, hopefully, in the final stages of several tournaments.
Talk is cheap
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

It just seems a pointless signing, Chelsea have got about 6 number 10s.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I like the number 10! :thumb:
Talk is cheap
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

caller wrote:I like the number 10! :thumb:
I like this number 10, he's a little genius.

BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I quite like Bobby Martinez, it would be a real shame if he got 2 clubs in a row relegated. :popcorn:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Who's the guy in Maroon with the rip-off Chelsea numbers on his shorts?
Talk is cheap