Protein Shakes, where to buy?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Protein Shakes, where to buy?

Post by blue05 »

does anyone know a local supplier for protein shakes?

thanks
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Re: Protein Shakes, where to buy?

Post by Ginjaninja »

Stay away from them blue05....
I've spoken to a respectable dietitian about them and was strongly advised against.
Meat, chicken and fish is the healthy way to go.
GN.
mafiamind

Post by mafiamind »

there are a few places in hua hin but most are overpriced and not of good quality. boots and tesco have them.
nomad127
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nomad127 »

Much cheaper to buy it overseas and have it shipped here. Bodybuilding dot com offers international shipping as does others. Last time I bought some, it was from a store in NZ and they sent it really fast.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Why would you buy/import a protein shake when with the right diet you can have the real thing especially here in Thailand?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Sports Fan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sports Fan »

Is there a minimum order if you want to import?
James Irish
Rookie
Rookie

Post by James Irish »

@letic gym which has moved from market village to the first decent soi south of grand night market. There is a Power Buy electrical store on the corner. About 100 yards up on the right. It has a full range of proteins and supplements for sale or you can order one at their coffee/health shop and drink it there.
I have no idea of price or quality, the place is run by a guy who is ex-danish special forces I believe so I imagine the stuff is good..
Hezze
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Hezze »

I buy from Optimum Nutrition's thai supplier.
Quick and easy!
cozza
Professional
Professional

Sports Nutrition

Post by cozza »

Hi, Am just wondering if anyone has imported supplements like protein from the USA or other countries or perhaps buys them locally in Hua Hin...if anyone has, was there any issues with the delivery and if purchased locally, how much for whatever they bought?

Thanks in advance!
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

richard wrote:Why would you buy/import a protein shake when with the right diet you can have the real thing especially here in Thailand?
...there are plenty of reasons one may want/need a protein shake and be unable to consume 'the right diet' no mater *where* they happen to be living.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Pleng wrote:
richard wrote:Why would you buy/import a protein shake when with the right diet you can have the real thing especially here in Thailand?
...there are plenty of reasons one may want/need a protein shake and be unable to consume 'the right diet' no mater *where* they happen to be living.
I drink a protein shake in the morning. I love a good breakfast with all the fixings, but it slows me down. A protein shake gives me a good base, and won't slow me.

Maybe on full retirement I'll change, but been doing this a long time now and works for me :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.