Foreigners can no longer buy houses in Thailand via company.

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
sinatra
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sinatra »

:guns: well safe as could be married 7 years this week
live in uk son works here as well :mrgreen:
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Put your guns away. I'm not casting aspertions on the state of your marriage, just giving you the bare facts. Take it or leave it.

For the record, my wife and I have a house in Hua Hin in her name. I, like all other farangs funding a house purchase, had to sign a document at the land office foregoing all future legal claim on the property and any funds arising from its sale. Like I said, if the marriage goes west (for whatever reason - worse and more unexpected things happen than divorce), so does the house. I am lucky enough to have been able to buy (fund!) a holiday home at a relatively young age and it is a risk I am prepared to take because of the benefits - not necessarily financial - that I receive from the house purchase now rather than at some distant point in the future.

Yet another area where, as Johnrxx99 posted, one must have a basic understanding of the nature of risk; the benefits one may receive from taking risks and the scale and likelihood of possible negative outcomes.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

johnrxx99 wrote: I raised a point a short while ago regarding the importance of this issue and the lack of involvement by the board of moderators of huahinafterdark.

While you have a sticky thread on buying land, which you cannot effectively do, why don't you have a sticky setting out the truth?

Thread after thread will start, as they have already, by people reading these comments and being unsure what to do, while the Burgers of this world will be pressuring people to get through with previously stuck deals to confused suckers.
Come on guys, accept the responsibilty of running a public board in an expat part of Thailand and DO SOMETHING.

Sorry guys I am going to hassle you until you do or you ban me. I feel really strongly about this, which is becoming a worldwide scandle.
You seem to be missing the point, we don't get involved and that exactly is the issue.

If we did and banned one side or the other we would be getting involved. We allow both sides to post and discuss the issues regarding property that is the nature of a forum which you seem to be missing. You or anyone else are welcome to be a bit more constructive and post the truth instead of constantly attacking the board and the other side.

Our sponsors and services on the site have nothing to do with the topics discussed here, members that have problems with them or us will end up being banned.

If you don't like it you know what to do, read the T and C. We are not here to hold peoples hands, they're all big enough to make their own investment decisions regardless of what they read on a message board.

You lot constantly bickering and providing no solid evidence is doing more to confuse the issues than our involvement or lack of it.

And on that note this thread, as promised, is locked.